reduction gears

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loco12

Reaction score
Just smashed one of the gears in my transfer case and looking at replacing it with a set of reduction gears while its out and in pieces.
Just after some first hand experiences with them, worthwhile? Regretted it? Why?
Also do they only alter low range only or both low and high?
Not into rock crawling exclusively but some place I go are slow going and rocky, but others are just mud. ideas?

thanks for that, i have a few options for supply, really after advice from anyone who has them and if its a mod they considered worthwhile.
guessing not many have gone down that path and i wouldnt be either except i have broken what i have and need to replace it.

Did anyone ever buy these set of reduction gears from Calmini in the USA ?

Rockcrawler Gearset
$1295.00
NP35100-24
1998 – 2004
Nissan Frontier

Nah, I couldn't justify it. with 4.88's in my diffs the nav crawls good enough in low range

Nah I didnt either, needed the navara back on the road quick so went with a very low k replacement.

Id personally do an SAS and lockers before looking at reduction gears

If you do want them look at 4x4parts.com he was cheaper I think and also when I enquired would split them into 2 packages so I didnt get charged extra taxes etc when coming through customs!

Yeah i got my diff gears through them. Way cheaper than any where else

Stupid question....... When looking on a American site like 4x4parts.com, I realise the frontier is a navara but what if we need parts for d22? Same ? Or is the frontier a d40?
Cheers

1st gen frontier is d22. 2nd gen frontier is d40.
just be aware that there is differences eg 2nd gen frontier has a different rear axle. has electric locker.

Latest posts

Back