Removing the pre air filter YES/NO?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknav

Reaction score
So what i would like to do is what i believe a lot of others have done is remove the pre-air filter on my 2005 3Litre with one of the bypass pipes on Ebay to make room for a second battery,
Any or much down side to doing this, they obviously get away with it on the newer models or am i missing something.

Cheers

Nick

If want to make room for the second battery, go for it but if you doing it for some sort of performance gain, forget it. I reckon if you put the engine on a Dyno and tested with and without the pre filter there would be nothing or next to nothing in it. Probably more induction noise but that would be about it.

No its nothing to do with performance gains at all and just to make room for the second battery and i am more concerned about it losing performance or fuel economy or deteriorating the motor quicker.

If you put a delete pipe in from forefront it wont allow much room for a battery. You are better off buying a pipe from a yd25 motor as this will give more space or mock your own up to get the room to fit an N70 sized battery there

I bought the pipe from garry at nizbits, heaps of room for 2nd battery.
Nizbits will sort you out , tho from memory I think you need the yd25 snorkel

Thanks for the links and replies, so far there seems there are no downsides to it with air flowor performance and i think i may try and fabricate something myself to make as much room as possible for the second battery.
I'll post up some pics here when i am done
Cheers
nick

Latest posts

Back