repainting ARB canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings all, has anyone ever painted an ARB dual cab ripple finish plastic/fibreglass canopy?
What is the best paint and preperation?
any special needs? anything particularly dificult?
Thanks in advance
Andrew

Any automotive painter will be able to do it mate.

Will only need to be rubbed with scotchbrite and an adhesion promoter paste.

Its a 4 year apprenticeship to become a spraypainter, theirs a pretty good reason for that.

^ so is being a sparky but it doesn't mean the average bloke can't fix a toaster, so is being a computer...the list goes on. No reason a bloke with a little bit of experience can't do it himself even if it's the first time he's ever held a spray gun. I didn't do a 4 year apprenticeship but I can re paint a car and make it look like a pro job.

Op: like cruptd says any automotive painter will do it, if you want to do it yourself go and talk to one, even offer to buy the paint of them. I talked to a few panel beaters when I was learning to re-paint cars and some of them are happy to help as long as you only want advice and not lessons. If you want lessons and this is your first job it's probably advisable to go to school but if your used to spraying and just want the basic prep and paint ideas no harm in asking.

Yeh thats right Kraftypg.

Im a spraypainter by trade, so if you want to have a go at it yourself and need any tips or anything, im more than happy to help out.

The best thing about DIY painting, is that if you do stuff it up, its not a big deal really. It can always be rubbed back and polished or repainted.

Id say have a go at it yourself, with it being a ripple finish, it wont need to be the best paint job to look good anyway.

and that's how neighbors kids get introduced to chemicals when some do it yourself fellas paints some parts in his shed

The laws should be addressed and they should outlawed and made to stop selling car paint and electrical goods over the counter, would put more money in our pockets and stop backyarders getting poisoned

Say what? Kids/chemicals? Stretching it a bit if you ask me.
I've painted a car, came out alright, and I wore protective gear including a proper mask etc. Again, stretching it a bit, but I agree there are morons who need to be protected from themselves.

I'm staying out of this one but Yeah give it a go your self.Buy some scotchbrite,paint and some clear oh and dont forget the prepsol to clean it down with before painting.Set you gun up and test spray something first to check your spray pattern and then go for it.
If you dont have a gun and compressor get a painter to do it as it would be cheaper.

Latest posts

Back