replacing turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navagator

Reaction score
Hey guys im about to replace my turbo and was hoping for some feed back on what needs to be done about the oil lines and whether or not i have to purge the lines. Im also gunna change the oil so i need to knw what sort of oil would be a good choice. As this is my first time doing it my self im nt sure on what to get.

Brenden

What condition are the oil lines in ?

They should be fine though.

When you replace the turbo, add all the lines etc and then pull the ECM fuse and crank the moment for a minute to get oil flowing through the oil lines and bearings.

I run Caltex Delo 400 through my Nav, meets Catapillar, Cummins, Detroit MTU, Mack, Volvo etc standards.

I am happy with my choice.

Its in the inside fuse panel from memory.

Ill have a look this arvo.

Gotta take someone driving soon.

Havent done a service on my car b4 always taken to mechanic. How much oil will i need?

While we're on this subject of engine oil, I've read in some threads about an O ring for the oil filter. Does that come with the filter or is it separate and what filters do people use ? Genuine, Ryco or something else ?

o ring comes with new filter. i use whatever i can lay my hands on. Nissan prices are just a rip off.

Latest posts

Back