Reverse camera

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day Redit.

I agree with Krafty - more info is needed. I have a satnav in mine too - dealer installed - but the process is fairly simple. There are only a few things to worry about.

1) The satnav unit will require a connection to the handbrake. I do suggest you do this because it makes the unit compliant and if someone tries arguing a case of driver distraction, your head unit will be installed properly (ie you can't watch videos while you drive). It's just a matter of finding the cable. The head unit will refuse to play video on the front screen while the handbrake is off.

2) The reversing camera needs to get its power from the reversing lights. The head unit will automatically switch its source to this camera when it's active. You can source the power from the reversing light bulb at the rear of the car - it does depend on the camera of course.

3) If you're supplying the camera, a good low-lux camera in a waterproof case is the only way to go. Cameras with "infra-red" may not cut the mustard - and they're bulky things. My camera pokes through the keyhole in the tailgate. Sufficient lighting at night is provided by the reversing lamps.

Latest posts

Back