Reverse work light install help/ideas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like this if parralleling it. OR run another batt positive right back to canopy and through switch and switch another relay, or dirrect to light.

Attachments

• schematic5.jpg
    schematic5.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 215
Ok next questions.
Will 10amp wire be enough to power the LED's?
Can i just use a small wire for the trigger wire? Its not carrying and load so can use something small?
When i run the power through my roll bar have others just drilled a hole in the bottom to fit the power out?

Ok next questions.
Will 10amp wire be enough to power the LED's?
Can i just use a small wire for the trigger wire? Its not carrying and load so can use something small?
When i run the power through my roll bar have others just drilled a hole in the bottom to fit the power out?

24W lights means each one will draw approximately 2A. The only issue would be Voltage Drop, but using 10A cable i cant see an issue, to be honest i am way to lazy to actually figure out the V drop, though would think will be all ok.

The trigger wire if only to power the relay will only need to carry less than one amp. Again though, Voltage drop. Voltage probably not so important on the lights, but on the relay will be cause funny things can happen if you dont have enough for the coil. However i would think it will only be a short run anyway. Depending on what wire you have i personally would possibly just suggest using 10am twin for the lot. overkill? Maybe, but it is cheap anyway and will work.

Rollbar i cant comment as i dont have one.

Got my lights 3/4 hooked up tonight. They aren't burn you retinas bright but they work pretty good. All i need to do now is hook up a wire from my reverse signal and add the second switch in the tub.

I might get some more lights on the beaver panel to get more light closer to the ground

I didnt bother trying to run the cables inside the roll bar. Im going to make a plywood infil panel down each side of the tub and redo most of the wiring. I'll hide all the wires then.
20121018_224108.jpg

here is a schematic for anyone that's interested
schematic5.jpg

Just bought a pair of cree 10w work lights and a set of submersible led tail lights for my tray ute.

Im thinking of using above diagram or similar, with the 3 way switch.

Q; is the relay really neccisary to do this? the current draw of the two 10w lamps and the reverse lights in the tail lights combined will be barley more than half of what it would with the two existing 21w bulbs.
I was thinking to pull directly from the existing reverse light wiring for "auto mode" and pull from something under the dash for the "on" function. [edit] or just pull both off gearbox.

Also, is there a switch on the market that inserts into one of the blanks on a d22 dash? Mines a dx so theres more blanks than switches, lol.

Last edited:
Just bought a pair of cree 10w work lights and a set of submersible led tail lights for my tray ute.

Im thinking of using above diagram or similar, with the 3 way switch.

Q; is the relay really neccisary to do this? the current draw of the two 10w lamps and the reverse lights in the tail lights combined will be barley more than half of what it would with the two existing 21w bulbs.
I was thinking to pull directly from the existing reverse light wiring for "auto mode" and pull from something under the dash for the "on" function. [edit] or just pull both off gearbox.

Also, is there a switch on the market that inserts into one of the blanks on a d22 dash? Mines a dx so theres more blanks than switches, lol.

To be honest mate running a relay is generally the best thing to do especially if you decide you want to go up from 10w to 35w.. Would save you heaps of time doing it the first time around.. You can run the setup that you want but keeping in mind if you choose to upgrade. I will be putting 35w work lights on mine for reversing and camping etc.. I will be doing a relay on a 3 stage switch to be able to flick on and off from cab also be able to leave it on the reverse lights when selected.. Have fun man I know I will be

Not sure if the relay is 100% needed. It's jut the way I wired some old halogens on my patrol. I used it or the LED's it can't hurt. It's rated higher than the lights.

Latest posts

Back