Reversing Camera

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Arty, where & how did you mount the camera, & GPS aerial? - BTW I got that unit

I first had the camera mounted just above the number plate but found it hard to judge the distance away from an object so I moved it up higher and mounted it on the tailgate latch/opener, there is just enough room beside the lever to mount the cam and can still see the tow ball from there.

I got mine for the central locking through a water hole in the bottom of the tailgate about 3 inches from the towbar.

The wires followed the towbar and then popped up behind the rear bumper and straight into the hole. Because of where it is you don't need to provide any slack for the tailgate opening, a simple piece of heat shrink or two will stop it ever rubbing on the bare metal, it's virtually invisible unless you know it's there and for the kind of wire you need to use there is still more than half the hole for any water to escape, not that I'd expect much in there.

Once the panel on the inside of the tailgate is off it's a bit of a fiddle to get the cable from the hole to where you can reach it but it's not that hard and it's almost directly in line with the handle.

With the reverse camera having a lead with a round pin type plug on the end, it wouldn't quite fit through the drain holes Krafty was talking about so I drilled a new hole for it.

Mine's mounted using the top Number Plate mounting holes to hold the camera in place. Never used it to judge distance yet as, mainly just to check the area behind is clear.

Last edited:
Cut and Paste :big_smile:

A well protected solder joint (even spade connectors) wont effect the signal enough to worry about if you don't want to drill a hole.

I had the grommets to drill a new hole in the bottom of the tailgate (thought about the side but that was just too much of a PITA and too much slack wire needed) but mine was bare ended cable so it was alot easier to get into the existing hole.

Latest posts

Back