Ridge ryder winch installation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob7

Reaction score
Hi
Just wanting to know if anyone has bought and installed a 9500 pound ridge ryder winch onto a genuine nissan bull bar. If so is there any difficulties that I may experience.

Cheers

Hi Steel bar or Alloy?
i have done this to an alloy bar on my 03 D22 3.0,(well its mounted behind it anyway).

It's a steel bar on a 2013 d22. I am reading all good things on these winches but have also read that the fair lead does not match up with the cable when it is feeding from the bottom of the winch. Did you experience this on your bar?

I have one on mine (03 model tho) 12000lb, steel bar, fitted easy, problem for me was the control box, ended up putting it(control box) on the winch itself with a couple of big (and I mean big) stainless hose clamps, its never moved and is strong and secure and do a fair bit of rough dirt roads and 4wdriving, then drilled a hole into the bar and mounted the connector for wired remote and/or remote sensor plug to it, while looks the goods out of the way(control box) with the connector for remote flush mounted into bar, very accessible when needed to connect remote and have had no problems with winch at all, also put a Narva isolator switch under the bonnet mounted close to battery just for safety.

Good luck and if you get it when Super Cheap have there sale (sometime 50% of) its a steal, if not then get there VIP card for $5 and next time it does come on sale they will credit you the difference to use in store which is win win anyway, I asked for 50% off when it wasn't on sale and they gave it to me for that, never hurts to ask.

Mine is mounted to a bracket behind the alloy bar so i mounted it to suit. If you do a search there should be plenty of info about mounting winches on here.
Cheers

I haven't really thought about the control box yet but that sounds like a good idea. I will have to see what I'm dealing with once the winch is bolted on.
Super cheap currently have the 9500 pound for $399 ending next week so I thought it might be a good time to get one. But I will ask about the 12000 pound and see what they say.

Thanks for the help guys, there is plenty of great info on here so if I get stuck I will just ask more questions. Cheers

I also had problems finding a spot for the control box. I ended up buying a winch box mount off the shelf and modifying it but the cables are short so be aware you may have to extend them if you want it on top of the bullbar.

Latest posts

Back