right tail light out help??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filth7948

Reaction score
got a prob with my d40 tail light not working with lights on. it works when brake is pushed but doesn't stay lit when driving lights are on. is their a fuse or link somewhere im missing? i keep getting pulled over for this.
any help please!

Might sound silly but are you sure it's not the globe? Might not be blown, but might be faulty.

The brake and tail are separate filaments in the same globe.

Id agree with doc on this one. even if the globe looks ok i would replace it anyway. Even more so because you say only one side is doing it and there is only one lot of wires going down the tub then it loops to the other side.

Chuck your good globe from the working side in the faulty side and test it.

Welcome to the forum!

As above. The brake light has two contacts on the bottom and two separate filaments inside. Chuck and replace. Don't get confused and buy a 24V one (they look physically the same).

If I can join in and add to this thread.
Mine is a 08 D40 Stx Spanish. Have just picked up that both rear park lights are not working and yet the front one all work. It also effects the C/T park lights as well which are LED. The rear indicators and brake lights work on bothe the car & C/T but no park lights on either unit. I have checked bulbs in another vehicle and they are fine and reinstalled them . Any other possible suggestions as to what I my need to do or be looking for.
Cheers
WayneD4T

Possible earth issue? I know they took the earth from the chassis on mine. Damn unreliable when you need it to work, which is why I continue advocating separate earth (negative) runs where it can be afforded.

Latest posts

Back