Robbo's D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.Robbo

Reaction score
photo.jpg

Hi fellas, just picked up my new to me 2011 d40 on friday for a pretty sweet price. Been lurking round the forums for awhile now.

The ute will mainly be used for carrying dirt bikes, camping gear, light 4wding/beach work.

Only 6000ks on the clock with the following acc:

Towbar
Window Tint
Tubliner
Soft Cover
24" wheels.
Alpine GPS HU and focal sound system.
Moulded floor mats

First mods in order will be:

2" Suss lift and maybe body lift.
New wheels and AT tyres.
Dual battery and rust protection.

Wondering what size tyres I will be able to get in there with a 2" lift?

Nice rig. I like the all black look - might want to dechrome the mirrors? Glad to see your gunna replace the wheels - big wheels and low profile tyres don't look right on most utes, in my opinion.

Yeah they look ok but whats the point...looking at sunraysias and 32"s

Also the previous owner has tried to level it out. There is king springs in the front. I'm unsure if he lifted the front slightly to level it or lowered both front and rear. But it does look lower than the average D40 which is low anyway.

Hoping none of this affects my plan for the lift. What 2" lifts do you fellas recommend? looking to spend up to $1600-1800 fitted. The tub will mostly be empty bar weekends with 150-200kg load (dirt bike and gear). I want to keep the levelled out look will I need spacers for the front or should I wait till the new suss settles in?

That's a crime to sell a ute with only 6000 Ks on it.
But great for you as the orig owner took the hit on the price, not you.
Tip - turn over the tow ball so it site higher, or you will drag it first. The work D40 here had the bottom of the thread wrecked by draggin plenty. I stripped the thread on the nut when removing it last weekend. So work owe me a tow ball 'cos i got them outta the shyt so I could go into the field with the trailer.
The tub liner issues have been raised here before - swarf and crudd trapped between it and the steel tub = rust and scratches/scuffing to the paint.
Keep the polish up to that black paint else it fades...

no offence mate but, i hate you i want those rims and tyres so much....

how much did they set you back

Jimmy they cost about $2000 inc shipping from the US but then customs stung me another $500 in clearance fees am duties.

Cheers munnerz the lift is 2" suspension and and a 2" body lift. I reckon the front has sagged a fair bit since. Thinking about getting adj UCAs. Really wanted the 5" kit but couldn't justify the cost!

Nah mate that was wheels and tyres. They cost 400 here but cheaper from the states. I reckon the the tyres are pretty good too not noisy either but I've only put a few thousand ks on them.

Back