Roller fairlead with rope?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosery

Reaction score
Just wondering does anyone run rope on their winch and have a roller fairlead? I no that your not ment to because it can pinch the rope etc. Ive got a hawse fairlead like your ment to but on the arb bar the spot for the fairlead is recesed into the bar to suit rollers. My concern is that if i have to winch on a angle the rope would rub on the sharp edge and cut it. Has anyone noticed this. Or what has anyone done to over come it. Or can i just get a roller fairlead?

hosery said:
Just wondering does anyone run rope on their winch and have a roller fairlead? I no that your not ment to because it can pinch the rope etc. Ive got a hawse fairlead like your ment to but on the arb bar the spot for the fairlead is recesed into the bar to suit rollers. My concern is that if i have to winch on a angle the rope would rub on the sharp edge and cut it. Has anyone noticed this. Or what has anyone done to over come it. Or can i just get a roller fairlead?

Use two fair leads and longer bolts maybe?

Hey mate. Visit ARB. I'm pretty sure they have the stand-off bracket for the hawse type fairleads. It brings the hawse up front more, to avoid those angles.

You can buy the plastic fairlead rollers for synthetic rope, they are black and come in a set of 4. Just replace the steel rollers with these.

i just spaced mine out wit two left over body lift blocks and used longer bolts. but im sure anyone who makes the bars like that (arb) can sell you something that will fix the problem.

I think my idea is cheap and effective. And will look okay too.

Latest posts

Back