Roof lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ummm good question, i think it was 10 amp twin gauge with a 20 amp inline fuse. It runs both the light bar and the work light.

Yeh no worries. I've got some dual core 10amp here. I might wire mine in to the relay that runs my spotties. I don't think I want an extra switch for the light bar. I'm thinking that when I want lots of light then I will want everything on.

If I just want light for camping then il reverse the Nav up and turn on the rear facing one.

I just had to go out and buy some spacers for the bolts so everything will align with the curve of the roof. I'm not going off the roof rack as I won't fit in the garage and I still want to use the roof racks. So I'm about to start drilling holes into the roof. I might even be semi-pro and seal up the holes when I'm done. Haha.

Yeh no worries. I've got some dual core 10amp here. I might wire mine in to the relay that runs my spotties. I don't think I want an extra switch for the light bar. I'm thinking that when I want lots of light then I will want everything on.

If I just want light for camping then il reverse the Nav up and turn on the rear facing one.

I just had to go out and buy some spacers for the bolts so everything will align with the curve of the roof. I'm not going off the roof rack as I won't fit in the garage and I still want to use the roof racks. So I'm about to start drilling holes into the roof. I might even be semi-pro and seal up the holes when I'm done. Haha.

Hey buddy just reading here about you drilling into your roof? Here is a suggestion.. Why don't you make a flat bar which mounts into the roof groves and about 20-30mm above the roof which you can have enough room for bolting through the plate and not effect your roof.. Worst case drill only 2 holes to mount the bar into the groves and seal them up really well rather then having alot of holes which will make it easier to fail.. Anyway that's my opinion hopefully you might find out a better way then drilling into your roof! Good luck

Ahh. Just sat down after mounting the bar and have just read your post. Thanks for the idea. I had thought about making something like you suggested, but decided against it as it would add extra height to the veh. I only just fit into my garage and carport at the moment, and I've measured up for a body lift which will see me fit by 8mil with some mods to the carport door.

I pulled this off pretty good IMO. I measured about 5 times first. Drilled, then put the bar on and......lines up perfect. I could have made the spacers on the outer bolts about 2 mm taller as the centre mount is putting a small dimple in the roof where it's mounted. The roof is pretty soft and I think it might happen no matter what. So I'm not too worried.

In just waiting for the silicon to dry before I start to wire it up and refit the roof liner.

Il post a pic up when it's done.

Bit of a job yeh. Not too bad though.

I just wired it up and turned it on. I think I will need to run the power from a separate wire to the high beam power. The fuse was starting to smoke and the wire prior to the fuse was pretty hot. Sounds like a job for tomorrow - get a switch. Might become a pain having to turn on the switch everytime I turn on the high beams. Hmm. Anyone got a better idea?

Attachments

• image-4243683835.jpg
    image-4243683835.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 135
  • image-3409681614.jpg
    image-3409681614.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 134
Bit of a job yeh. Not too bad though.

I just wired it up and turned it on. I think I will need to run the power from a separate wire to the high beam power. The fuse was starting to smoke and the wire prior to the fuse was pretty hot. Sounds like a job for tomorrow - get a switch. Might become a pain having to turn on the switch everytime I turn on the high beams. Hmm. Anyone got a better idea?

Yeh you need to run a separate relay, and use the high beam active wire to engage it.. That's what I did to mine but I don't have a light bar I just fitted 4 hella ff75's last weekend and they are a treat! I used some 2mm gauge power cable from the relay and positive terminal on the battery up to the lights and didn't bother going down a gauge in thickness which made it a little harder to wire into the lights.. Other then that I just used the high beam power line which I tapped into to give voltage to the relay and there u go.. You can run numerous attachments this way but you end up with a lot of fuses off your positive battery terminal lol I think I will try and find a fuse box of some sort to run them into and make it look neater..
Here are a few pics of mine..

Attachments

• image-3561288858.jpg
    image-3561288858.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 120
  • image-2130113767.jpg
    image-2130113767.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 110
  • image-2562964944.jpg
    image-2562964944.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Cheers mate. Il run it that way. Sounds like the way to go.

I too would love to sit down one weekend and sort out my wiring. Looking under the dash today as I ran the wires through I was pretty disappointed at the state of wiring. New wires nearly every time a new electric mod is done and shit pretty soon gets untidy. That's one for another day though.

Cheers mate. Il run it that way. Sounds like the way to go.

I too would love to sit down one weekend and sort out my wiring. Looking under the dash today as I ran the wires through I was pretty disappointed at the state of wiring. New wires nearly every time a new electric mod is done and shit pretty soon gets untidy. That's one for another day though.

I can relate to that but I'm on the other side it's neat but not quite how I like it I always put it off for next time and never get around to doing it because next time I'm installing a new mod and I just want it in lol

Yeah, i redid all my wiring a while ago. I ended up removing every bit of wiring i put in the car including the wiring running under the car to the tub, added a fuse box next to the auxillary battery for most of my accessories. Then ran all the wiring going into the cab through the drivers side front fender following the factory wiring loom. Big job, but defiantly worth it. So much more neater.

I have 13 positive and 11 negative wires coming of both of my batteries. I don't think I can physically fit any more accessories, time to build a distribution board

I don't have that many off the battery as I started cheating by stealing power from other accessories that were closer and I'm starting to forget what I've done.

Do you get much reflection on the bonet with the light that close to the top of the windscreen?

I jumped in and checked it out in the garage and I wasn't blinded by reflection. It does pick up some of the light but I don't think it will be too bad. Il go for a test tonight after I wire it up properly today.

I'm thinking that it will put out so much light to the front that any reflection won't really matter.

I left the Nav outside last night and it pissed down with rain. I was a little worried that the holes in the roof might leak. Checked it this morning and Its good to go, dry on the inside. Looks like I did get the semi-pro finish I was after. Haha

Hmmm, another thought before I complete wiring. Should I put the relay through a switch? Leaving it turned on, so when the high beams and spotties are turned on the light bar comes on too, but have the switch so I can turn the light bar off incase I am driving in heavy rain or fog. I think the light off the roof might just highlight the rain directly in front of the windscreen? Or do you think it will be ok?

What do you reckon?

Yeh mate that's really simple to do.. That wire that goes to your high beams to engauge the relay can be split into 2 one going to switch and the other going back.. Same line only having a break between it so you still get power when high beams are selected and then having the option to break the line between it by switch to turn it on/off while your high beams are on..

Latest posts

Back