Roof rack mounting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
I have been looking into a canopy a lot recently and i came across an interesting point when i was in my local ARB.

I plan to mount a fox wing, and was looking at the FLEXIGLASS canopy, which has the room to mount 1 roof bar ( given the short nature of the pre-installed bars on the canopy roof)
and the fella said, as they all do, 'don't buy that buy ours' and then proceed to explain why.

Showing me on their Hilux their canopy has two bars, supported inside with mounts down to the tub edge as you all know. so on so forth typical arb jargen 'ours is best etc'

point of the question is, he goes
'don't mount anything to the cars bars and the canopy, there's a flex between them during everyday use and off road especially'. it will do damage to 'something' weather it be the car, canopy or the fox wing.

What are you opinions on this matter?
is there enough flex to warrant going to the ARB canopy over the flexiglass solely on that that point?

cheers
mick

Yep, you shouldn't do it, unless perhaps you are carrying long, skinny, flexible things, like pvc, conduit etc.

Yep, you shouldn't do it, unless perhaps you are carrying long, skinny, flexible things, like pvc, conduit etc.

I installed Jason's roof racks on his canopy, u DO NOT run awnings so that they attach to both the cab and the canopy as u can cause damage to the canopy or the car as they flex differently.

Arb canopys are good quality canopys and they have reinforcements that go down and secure to the tub to increase there strength.

I installed Jason's roof racks on his canopy, u DO NOT run awnings so that they attach to both the cab and the canopy as u can cause damage to the canopy or the car as they flex differently.

Arb canopys are good quality canopys and they have reinforcements that go down and secure to the tub to increase there strength.

i hear what your saying, i had never thought about it untill the other day,
It looks like ill have to go down the ARB road to allow the fox wing to be mounted.

Just don't buy the Foxwing from ARB and have them mount it...

Support your local dealer

ive got arb canopy with internal supports with arb roof racks (nearly $4k)
yes arb is expensive
but you get what you pay for
and as stated above dont join canopy and cab,unless its a light and VERY flexible load
i have also dealt with rhino
they are a great product
cheers

Latest posts

Back