Roof Racks + Awnings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bax84

Reaction score
I know it's already been asked, I've had a few looks.

But I'm interested to see what my options are for roof racks. Primarily I only want it for an awning, I'll be looking at getting something with a 3m span so it can partially cover my tent, or at least give me a bit of flexibility to go up to my tent from a little further away.

So what are my options, something that looks good, holds a reasonable load, doesn't look too bulky and out of place.

Pics and prices please?

Rhino Rack Aero Bars, don't need to be bolted on or drilled in, don't make any noise on the motor way etc. Have a simple locking system for pretty much all awnings etc.

Bought mine off eBay for $60 second hand.

Attachments

• IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 260
i prefer the track mounted roof racks. just bought a set of Proracks and the tracks were an extra $50. without having tracks your racks are attached with clips that go into the door area to rubber moulding and apperently this causes the door rubber top area to leak water , also not good for the paint work. definetly go the track mount racks.

Rhino Rack Aero Bars, don't need to be bolted on or drilled in, don't make any noise on the motor way etc. Have a simple locking system for pretty much all awnings etc.

Bought mine off eBay for $60 second hand.

Hey mate what awning/tent setup is that? Lots exactly what I'm after. What size awning is that?

there's pros and cons for both rack mount and clip around sets, People say that they are bad for the paint and can leak water inside, mine have been on for almost 2 years and so far so good. Its the same with track mounted ones, they still need to mount the racks into the roof by drilling holes in for support, if these leak that would be far more costly!

My awning in a 2.5m x 2.5m Tigerz11 awning with a Australia Bush Direct 30 second tent.

A lot of the tents and Awnings are pretty universal when it comes to connecting them.

if you have a 2 x rack set up like i have [ proracks ] go for a 2 meter wide by 3 meter out [ deep ] this is a perfect size for the span of the 2 x roof racks. i just need to find out an average priced awning of this size and i am off camping. Tiger11 maybe ?????????

if you have a 2 x rack set up like i have [ proracks ] go for a 2 meter wide by 3 meter out [ deep ] this is a perfect size for the span of the 2 x roof racks. i just need to find out an average priced awning of this size and i am off camping. Tiger11 maybe ?????????

I shopped around a fair bit, the Tigerz11 is by far the cheapest, mine is 2 years old never had a problem.

Even if you bought a tigerz and it failed it'd be covered by warranty anyway? Probably not much point paying more in this case.

My misses bought me a Rhino awning at our local ARB shop. I gave her instructions that i wanted a tigerz11 awning (because they're cheap) and they guy in the shop told her trying to claim warranty on tigerz11 products is extremely hard..... easier to pull teeth. Don't know if she was taken for a ride or not, but i gotta say i'm bloody happy with the Rhino awning.

of course the guy selling the ARB brand stuff is going to say anything to get a sale. my Tiger11 awning has a 3 year warranty in writing and the local supplier did say there warranty cover is as good as any others.

Latest posts

Back