Roof racks which one?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jastormont

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking at getting a roof rack for my D22 ARB canopy and not sure if I should get the ARB delux type roof rack/cage or go with just a roof bar sytem with Rhino?

I am leading towards the Rhino option as I think it will give me more option but this could cost more in the long term to what I might get out a ARB rack. I plan to eventually get a roof tent and a side awning so would need the best for this.

Also should I look at getting more racking for on top of the cabin? I would like to carry a spare tyre and not sure if it would all fit.

Cheers,

I have a set of the Rhino removables on my Nav.

Only use them occasionally so being removable is handy.

I'd go with the Rhino bars but as I'm a Rhino Rack dealer I am biased....

Last edited:
I just had the ARB canopy and RHINO racks all round. once we got the cab and canopy racks level i was stoked. Very adaptable

I've got a 2nd hand 6' ARB delux roof rack ... going very cheap if your interested (melbourne eastern suburbs)

my wife wants it GONE from the back yard !!!

Looks like Rhino has a lot of support what is good.

I will have to get some quotes to see what the price diffrence is but I am guessing to get a Rhino system that is similar to the ARB Delux rack it would cost a similar amount? I am guess for that thought I get a more flexible solution then the ARB one but the ARB I am guessing would be more solid?

I'd be interested in those roof racks if they fit a D22.

Do you want to mount it on the cab of the ute, or over the canopy?

Either way, you are going to need a set of normal roof racks to mount the ARB rack that i've got on top of. Or get the custom brackets for your ute so the racks will go over the cabin.

I had a set of racks over the canopy, and run two steel stringers over the racks to mount the ARB frame over the top. About 8x 8mm bolts to hold it all together. Worked great until i decided to put the roof top tent directly to the original canopy roof racks (just so the roof top did not sit so high)

Oh no good. Thought you meant they were actual roof racks. Thats my fault
Sorry mate

its a roof rack frame ... but needs to be mounted on something.

ARB do have proper backets for the frames to suit different vehicles (i understand)

but its a lot cheaper to mount them the way i did. (do)

Latest posts

Back