Rough Ride D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cr250rtom

Reaction score
I have a 12 month old D22 STR and have put on a steel bull bar, winch, rock sliders, and ARB canopy. Many corrugated roads make the vehicle feel as though it is getting the crap kicked out of it and I usually let the tyres down to <30 psi to get a more comfortable ride, while other 4x4's seem to fly along. Would putting on a 2'' lift kit ( Tough Dog or EFS) help with comfort also or just raise the height with no actual comfort gain ?? Thanks for any help !

mate I had similar mods to yourself after a suspension upgrade it was much better. Drives like a dream now.

The extra weight in the front is what does it.

I recommend putting lots of research into your leaf spring load. If you get comfort springs and add more bits to your tray and canopy the springs will sag.

If your in brisbane go to http://www.zordos4wdsuspension.com.au/

Last edited:
totally agree, mine was farked with 12000kms tough dog lift now its pretty good.
ive got constant load 300kgs leafs they are a bit stiff.

I just replaced the front original KYB shocks with Bilsteins..Wish I did it 3 years ago..The jarring is gone and it is a joy now.

Greg

If you drive alot of corrugations get the best possible shocks you can, bilsteins will go the distance over the harshest terrain, same goes for Koni heavy track which you can adjust if they are to harsh.

I usually let the tyres down to <30 psi to get a more comfortable ride, while other 4x4's seem to fly along!

I don't pay any attention to how fast others drive, some people don't give a fat rats clack about there vehicle. I,m not saying dont replace your suspension, because I changed mine

I had a very similar problem. You could feel every little bump possible. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to fixing the problem apart from just upgrading the suspension. I had the torsion bars wound up which raised the front end a further 45mm off the stoppers, As there was less than 10mm clearance to start with. This made for a much a comfier ride. Although a lift kit cant hurt. But if it doesn't completely fix the problem. Look into winding the torsion bars up. Worked fine for me

Latest posts

Back