Rough ride

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendo

Reaction score
Hi not sure if this has been asked before I have a 2inch lift in the d22 with heavy duty efs springs I have had it for about two years and I am getting sick of how rough it is when there is no weight in it and was wondering if I got a softer shock in the rear would that help or would I need to change the springs

Last edited:
Not sure on the D22 but I do know that with the D40 EFS rear springs the only diifferecne between the 300 Kg. constant load and 150's is one leaf removed. It's the second from the longest leaf. You could give that a try and you wont be out of pocket apart from a little time.

BTW what shocks are you running with that setup?

The problem is the spring mate it needs at least up to 250kg in the back at all times shocks won't help i fitted the comfort efs i was going for the heavy duty but Zordo talked me out of it with a ball weight from the caravan of 100kg the comfort springs handle it with ease simply saying like we all want to be it's stiff all of the time.

I was having same problem with my 300kg ome springs, overly stiff when empty, and no travel when fully loaded and riding on the immovably stiff load pack.
Took the middle load leaf out now she's sweet, still takes full loads, just rides lower with a full load, as it should.

Thanks for the replys guys might just bite the bullet and get the comfort spring I was going to get them but the guy I got them of asked what I had in the back and I said I take a few moto in it in the bush and he said no go the heavy ones Iv looked up the price and they Arnt to badly price Iv run my tyres at 32 to 35 psi and it dosent help

As others have said, take out one leaf and see how it goes after all you have nothing to loose, if it doesnt work as good as you want then spend the coin that you are already going to spend on a new comfort set.

That would depend on how many in the pack, BUT As Tappet said, i would try the second up from the longest leaf.

I've got the EFS heavy duty, with a canopy fitted and Bilstein shocks on my 2006 D22 - I don't find it too harsh at all. I guess it can come down to what we expect from our leaf sprung commercial vehicle. I will admit it is better with a load in the back. I'd be worried about what will happen if I took a leaf out of the pack and then loaded her up for a trip - how would it handle?

. I'd be worried about what will happen if I took a leaf out of the pack and then loaded her up for a trip - how would it handle?

The only differences between most manufactures leaf packs with in their own range is how many leafs are in the pack, so if you have a heavy duty / 400kg constant load leaf pack and you take a leaf out it will be just like the 200kg constant lad version and handle fine.
The problem would be if you had a tray full of stuff and done it then it would sag and handle like it needs an upgrade.

I say if I had a canopy or something in it it would be ok if I take one out will I lose any height in the rear because when I put them in I got about 2 1/2 inch lift so I put a 3 inch upper control arms in the front so it would sit level and not hit the bump stops like it was

I say if I had a canopy or something in it it would be ok if I take one out will I lose any height in the rear because when I put them in I got about 2 1/2 inch lift so I put a 3 inch upper control arms in the front so it would sit level and not hit the bump stops like it was

Sounds pretty much the set up I have. Chuck some gear in the back and it'll be fine mate - you'll get used to it.

Yeah it's good then there is weight in it Iv had it for about two years and I am getting sick of how hard it is it how no give when unloaded which it is mostof the time it's that hard that that things are coming lose in the car like bolts and stuff

Finally got around to taking a spring out made a heap of differents took it across the road in the bush dosent jump around everwhere better traction thanks against guys

Latest posts

Back