Running on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1310/71

Reaction score
I've only had my D22 ZD30 for a week or less now and only starting driving it regularly mid this week after sorting rego, insurance etc.

The last two days I've noticed it "running on" for a few seconds after I have switched it off. This arvo it ran on for a good 10 - 20seconds. The power is definitely being cut off as the stereo stops etc.

I am not aware of it having a turbo timer installed - there is no obvious indication of one being mounted anywhere that I can see and my understanding is that they normally run for a set time (adjustable by the driver) each time unless the driver hits the cancel button. In my case the 3 or 4 times it has done it seems to be for random (or increasing if anything) durations.

It wasn't doing it prior to wednesday when I had driven it on test or when I first bought it.

What do people think is worth checking? anyone had this?
KB

Check the intake to see if the flap to cut the air to the engine is working.

You will see 3 solinoids and little hoses. 1 is a swirl control valve, 1 is a EGR control valve and the other is to shut the engine down.

Need a pic ?

I've seen the pics in the EGR mod threads.
I think I can identify the right solenoid from the pic in there.
How do I test it?

Thanks
KB

Get someone to start the car and see if the flap that shuts the air off is working when being shut down. If not force it and and see if it shuts down easier.

Ok got it.
I just went out and checked it whilst you posted actually except that I turned it off with my arm through the door, with the bonnet open whilst watching from the side. I saw the flap go 90 deg anticlockwise (from front on) and pop back up - of course the car shut off normally this time.

I may have to run it until warm and open up the bonnet before I shut it off for a few times and watch what it does when it fails - I think you may be onto something. Will a bit of WD40 on the shaft loosen it up if it is sticking or will it need to be replaced do you think?
Thanks
Kevin

Try some graphite powder.

Wet lubricants attract dirt.

Try that first before replacing it.

also you may be sucking a fair bit of engine oil into the intake through the breather pipe. that can cause the engine to run on a bit. fit a catch can.

Back