Running rough

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shagsta22

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A few months ago, I took my D22 4wding including some playing in very muddy, deepish water. Despite not having a snorkel, I had no trouble, didn't stop in any water and the truck ran fine for the rest of the trip.

The following morning I started it up and it idled extremely rough and after giving it a quick bootful, there was a huge cloud of steam came from the back end and it was all good, running smooth again. Hoping that was the end of it, I drove to work and home again (30kms) with no other problems.

Ever since, it runs rough on start up in the morning but only for a few seconds and then seems fine for the rest of the day. Even after sitting in the work carpark for 7+ hours it starts up without a fuss. It's only first thing in the morning.

Anybody have any ideas of what might be causing it?

I've learnt my lesson, it has a snorkel now...:embarassed:

I'm wondering if the glow plug wiring has an issue. Muddy water = water+debris, and that debris usually finds its way into the worst places possible and almost always into the electrical connections.

There should be a glow relay around the place somewhere (D40's glow relay is between the battery and the wall beside the headlight - damn near impossible to get to). I'd have a look at that relay first. If that's not it, have a good close look at the earth strap from the battery to the engine block.

Latest posts

Back