RustyNavs Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed Tyler. The 4wd stuff was pretty poor. Caravan section was massive.

Got the beau system at $1200 with the delete section. There deal was free postage or $100 off. I ended up with the muffler delete pretty much free $145 off.

I got an online quote for $1185 plus postage

Yeh certainly pleased with the zorst. Only drama is I will be cutting the tailpipe dump section shorter as I hate low hanging zorst. I may end up installing the muffler section to keep the minister happy and just use the no muffler piece for the boys days out

Yeh happy mate. Egt are lower by an easy 60-100deg overall rev range. No restrictions whatsoever. Now to sort the locker and work out a better cooling intercooler. Also my bro in law is getting me a full alloy radiator made to replace the factory item

What about low down torque..... I've heard that by removing the exhaust totally that u can loose torque down low....?

I thought I Had decent torque before doing the beau system. Spent the whole day at glasshouse on Saturday and boy oh boy the low down torque is quite impressive. Didn't stall once all day and the car pulled through everything ans did some pretty full on stuff.

I've also started tuning the chip and setting boost to act better with the zorst

Here is part of the email they replied to me with Rusty, not sure if it has the delete section your talking about.

"These exhaust systems are all bent and built in our own workshop with our automatic mandrel tube benders by our highly experienced, qualified staff. All kits come with nuts, bolts and gaskets supplied (apart from gasket off the back of the turbo-which is quite alright to use again) and fit on to all original mountings and brackets. We supply a hi-flow, perforated straight through type muffler. This means that the muffler won't restrict the flow of the system due to it being the same size diameter as the tube and the perforations absorb any excessive noise or droning.
Our customers have given us good feedback, being extremely happy with the improved torque and fuel economy of their vehicles after installing one of our systems. We have found that we sell a lot of our product to people towing large vans and boats looking for more power to get them up hills and along passing lanes. On average our systems give customers an approximate power increase of up to 15% and an improvement to fuel economy by approximately 12%.
The price is $1185.00 for an aluminised mild steel system, plus $30.00 packaging, plus freight."

Here is part of the email they replied to me with Rusty, not sure if it has the delete section your talking about.

"These exhaust systems are all bent and built in our own workshop with our automatic mandrel tube benders by our highly experienced, qualified staff. All kits come with nuts, bolts and gaskets supplied (apart from gasket off the back of the turbo-which is quite alright to use again) and fit on to all original mountings and brackets. We supply a hi-flow, perforated straight through type muffler. This means that the muffler won't restrict the flow of the system due to it being the same size diameter as the tube and the perforations absorb any excessive noise or droning.
Our customers have given us good feedback, being extremely happy with the improved torque and fuel economy of their vehicles after installing one of our systems. We have found that we sell a lot of our product to people towing large vans and boats looking for more power to get them up hills and along passing lanes. On average our systems give customers an approximate power increase of up to 15% and an improvement to fuel economy by approximately 12%.
The price is $1185.00 for an aluminised mild steel system, plus $30.00 packaging, plus freight."

Yeh that's the standard reply. You then have to reply again and ask about the muffler delete pipe. Its an extra $160, you can also get a side exit tailpipe. Unsure of its price but I think ill do my own.

Alright so hopefully the car goes into beaudesert exhaust this week to have the muffler section fixed. I got the chance to swap the sections from delete pipe to muffler pipe just to soften it for the minister. When I had finished swapping out the tailpipe rubs on the shackle spring grrrrr. So a nice email to Chris from Beau and wait for a reply on Monday.

I also cut 130mm off the end of the tailpipe dump section as I hate exhaust that hang low. Will have pictures up once its all fixed. Also gonna do a video of exhaust note comparison .

Rusty

Rusty
There should be enough adjustment in flanges to clear spring shackles
I had same issue and simply loosened both flanges, adjusted and retightened
My Mrs reckons mine is too noisy
I suggested she could walk
No more complaints?

Rusty
There should be enough adjustment in flanges to clear spring shackles
I had same issue and simply loosened both flanges, adjusted and retightened
My Mrs reckons mine is too noisy
I suggested she could walk
No more complaints?

I tried the flange adjustment but I couldn't get it to miss. See what beau says

Well exhaust got sorted.

Today the solar panel for the canopy arrived. Hopefully will have a mounting bracket manufactured in the next few weeks then the never ending wiring gets done.

Ok fellas need some help on the next major mod. Ive got myself in a pickle as to what i wanna do.

Original plan was to upgrade the front with calmini arms, calmini torsion bars, rancho shocks and add a genuine steel bar and ironman winch.

Now after a recent trip to Gatton State Forest i am thinking i would benefit from a Front E Locker while still up grading all the other bits in front at the same time.

Any thoughts on the ideas? I know that a winch would be used for more than just pulling me out etc etc. Just really stuck.

If i was to buy the genuine bar new then both ideas would come out at the same cost roughly. But was hoping to buy the bar second hand from wreckers and take the grinder to the headlight loops to make it more me, so would save about $800-900in doing this.

Rusty

As for the solar setup the mounting kit is awaiting my pickup and fitting. Ive just been to lazy to go get it. Ended up with 50x10mm stainless steel flatbar eith stainless tabs welded on for longevity. Total cost $00.00

Rusty

DO you have a link to the solar mounting kit? Im in the process of working out my solar mounting project

Ok fellas need some help on the next major mod. Ive got myself in a pickle as to what i wanna do.

Original plan was to upgrade the front with calmini arms, calmini torsion bars, rancho shocks and add a genuine steel bar and ironman winch.

Now after a recent trip to Gatton State Forest i am thinking i would benefit from a Front E Locker while still up grading all the other bits in front at the same time.

Any thoughts on the ideas? I know that a winch would be used for more than just pulling me out etc etc. Just really stuck.

If i was to buy the genuine bar new then both ideas would come out at the same cost roughly. But was hoping to buy the bar second hand from wreckers and take the grinder to the headlight loops to make it more me, so would save about $800-900in doing this.

Rusty

As for the solar setup the mounting kit is awaiting my pickup and fitting. Ive just been to lazy to go get it. Ended up with 50x10mm stainless steel flatbar eith stainless tabs welded on for longevity. Total cost $00.00

Rusty

do it all and put an auto lokka in? i know they arent everyones cup of tea but the price is right. i still think an unlockabll from locker is the way to go.

bryan

Updates so far are.

Front E Locker ordered
Still no solar setup as my cousin is working massive shifts
Calmini arms are sitting gathering dust as i now want to add rancho shocks and diff drop at same time.
Top mount cooler is seeping oil from the crimos(nissan quailty), so may need to put ARE Cooling intercooler in sooner than expected.

Rusty

Front E locker in.

for those considering the upgrade to a locker up front in the lousy flexed front end of the d22, i would highly highly recommend it. it has tranformed the navara BIG TIME. Did some pretty hairy stuff with a couple of mates and was great fun. Also was highly approved by the MOWFSA and tol dme it was money well spent(thats a win in my books).

Got mine fitted at Southern District Auto on Tradelink Dr, Browns Plains. This is a repco service centre but is a mechanic that loves his job.

I did have a few dramas with the install taking longer than expected but it wasnt mechanic related it was damaged parts in delivery.

Nothing else has changed. Solar is still sitting in the garage and te calmini arms are still gathering dust, also my shock choice has changed from Rancho to Bilstein.

Rusty

Good the see your happy with it Russ. My list just got longer.:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back