sas'd d40?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His name is Beno, and it was done by "SELDOM SEEN" in Picton NSW.
The name of the thread that was started i cannot remember, but it is Beno's brother in-law Kari that done the job so pm him and he will set you in the direction fro all the info.

Are you thinking of going in the solid axle direction?

I think he has just done it or is about to.
Last time I spoke to him he said it was all set to go in and that was a few months back

No mate its 100% the front end.
He hasn't put pics up for a long time and IF the coil has been done its only been done within the last month

old mate just linked the same album im after a set up for the rear without having to remove the fuel tank, seem you have to use a sort of 3 link setup with a panhard.

Im thinking as most will use patrol diff and housings as beno already has (but adapted the leafs instead) it would mimic the set up of a Cab Chassis Patrol, which is pretty much spot on to what you describe.

EDIT: sorry mate i just realised you had 3 link and the cab chassis patrol is a 5 link

Im pretty sure Vigilante thinks the pic of the Coil-overs is a pic of the rear end, im not sure why when you can clearly see the engine through the plastic inner guard, not to mention that i havent really ever seen any one use a coil-over on the rear... lol

Last edited:
Hay nathan it goes in tomorrow and we start on coil spring rear 12'' travel shocks lockers and a couple more inchs where hoping to kept the standard tank see how we go ill put up some photos as it comes along should have it all done in a week or two.

Hay nathan it goes in tomorrow and we start on coil spring rear 12'' travel shocks lockers and a couple more inchs where hoping to kept the standard tank see how we go ill put up some photos as it comes along should have it all done in a week or two.

Good stuff Beno, i will call down and have a sticky beak.
Fark it will be a weapon with the coil rear and fully locked.
Keen to come out and see it in action with all the new work done.

hey mate im keen on doing aroudn 12/14" travel in the rear, do you know what style of linking they are doing in the rear? are they leaving the fuel tank in the same place and are they using custom arms or arms from say a gu/gq/80?

please keep us updated, cheers ryan.

hey mate im keen on doing aroudn 12/14" travel in the rear, do you know what style of linking they are doing in the rear? are they leaving the fuel tank in the same place and are they using custom arms or arms from say a gu/gq/80?

please keep us updated, cheers ryan.
Hi mate hope to keep the tank as is will use custom arms thinking maybe 3 link? will see tomorrow when we start striping it down i have a new standard patrol housing use

ah yeh have yous seen the one overkill did, interesting set up, also do you know for your front diff did you have to do anything besides flip it, like is it shortened to suit transfer case/what not.

I saw some pics a while ago that "Vangaurd" had posted but i don think they ever got that working, last i heard of that build was they still couldnt get low range due to them having no luck with the ABS.
Do you know if they ever ended up getting it sorted??

dunno i just looked at the photos, its of a white d40 pretty sure it was the one before vanguard, what every happened to him? i dont have abs so im seriously looking into the conversion for diff gears and manual locking hubs, i also asked them why they went with the linkage they had and they didnt reply.

Last edited:
im no expert but the rear end of that build looked wrong like it was up side down or something, i would have to have another look but it looked strong as but im sure something was opposite to what you would normally see on a coil rear.

Also i dont want to give away Kari's from Seldoms ideas, so all i will say is he had no trouble what so ever with the ABS and from what he showed me i cant believe all the who-ha from others who have tried to do the conversions.
Its easy to say once you see it but it just seemed like a really obvious solution.
I suppose when you know your shit like they do at seldom you can see a solution to those sorts of issues.

Sometimes asking question from the guys who are trying to do this stuff as there bread and butter is hard because they feel the need to protect there ideas, which is kinda understandable but to just flat out brush you isnt good business IMO.
I wonder if you could buy a full "how to guide" off one of the guys, it may be worth getting all the measurements and parts needed all down on paper for a fee, could save a heap of leg work and headaches.

for all we know the abs tones rings might be identicle to the ones on the patrol that is the only thing stopping me because no one really knows other than seldom of course.

Latest posts

Back