Sax 3 stage leaf springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob - picked up the new shocks thismorning. Went with the rs9000xl adjustables. Geez I didn't realise the size of these bad boys. They are gonna couple nicely with the sax springs. The springs arrived yesterday but I'm still waiting on the shackles and ubolt before I can do the install. Also I think the pack is missing a leaf out of the pack. If its not I think I will add one in just for better capacity. They should be going in next Thursday or Friday.

No worries..... Make sure u do before and after measurements from the bottom edge of your rim to the top centre of your guard..... curious to see the difference :wink:

alright had another update from sax. the spring back is correct (PHEWWWWW). the shackels and ubolts nuts etc will be delivered sarvo hopefully. still gonna eb installed thursday/friday and i will get pictures up

also will provide before and after measurement compared to my existing 2" lift kit.

i will also put a picture up tonight with the complete kit i will be installing inluding the rancho shocks.

Rusty

another update on these springs. i had been waiting on ubolts and shackles and they ended up in the post somehow instead of being delivered straight to me. but thats all good. had a super busy last wknd with the bodylift anyway. so i have everything and if you want to see pictures please visit my build thread "RustyNav09 Slow Build".

the springs are correct as mentioned before and the second stage is only meant ot have 1 leaf as the main pack and 3rd stage should never contact the second stage anyway. so really the second stage could be removed all together and still not effect the pack. hoping i get time this wknd to put them in and ill have a review once i have given them a flogging. the part i am hanging out for is the offroad capability. most people reckon it wont flex but we will see.

RustyNav

sax springs

Hi all just thought i would give a review on my new sax springs i have a 09 d40 that i put a full iron man 2inch lift kit on when new the front springs were ok but the back ones were a bit different very very rough on and off the road the back was very loose all over the place so i thought that's it had enough so started searching different springs that's when i came across sax spent about 45min on the phone to a rep then decided to order the rear leafs only turned up today and fitted them and all i can say it WOW these are frigging unreal feels much more like a car no more sore back for me im so impressed im close to getting the front springs and rear shocks to just to get rid of the iron man kit altogether and just use it a a lesson that you do get what you pay for

Fluffy

I am gonna have to second everything you have said. I spent months trying to work out whether it was worth it. Yes the sax crew have a very good sales pitch and they are true to every word. I love my sax springs in my d22 and couldn't give them a better rap. Had them unladened and ride is smooth, had the loaded for a weekend of camping and didn't lose any height or comfort. These are unreal and well with the coin. Maybe the old leaf spring technology still has along way to come.

Toing and froing as to go with SAX or what to do??

My D22 now has 250000k's on it, at 32000 we put Koni adjustable shocks in the front,Monroe Gas in the rear, and had the leafs reset with an extra leaf & wound the front torsions up to suit.
Only mods are, Alloy tray, 60 litre water tank, second battrie mounted near towbar, & a Factory ally B,bar.
The ute rode Ok when we first had this done. But now it is bloody harsh. I know the rear spring bushes are worn. I had the shocks out yesterday the still feel OK when cold.
This is our only car, my wife drives it to work every day, on crap country rd's that include a couple of k's of gravel rd as well.
As far as load carrying goes. Most of the time it's unladen, but it does get the camper hooked on for any thing from a weekend trip to a multi week central australia trip.
The front is what realy shits me, I want a good smooth ride. so Im sure im up for new Torsions, whats your experiance/Recomendations
What was your front end like before you fitted the SAX and did changing the rear improve/ Change your front end ride?

Shank

Changing the rear springs will not improve the ride up front, but you do feel the ride from the rear more then what you feel up front. The springs unladen are super comfortable. It's like having a set of coils in the rear. I have efs firm elite shocks up front with alloy bullbar and bashplates making most of the weight up front. I find them a good ride but would suspect koni to be better quality then efs. Highly recommend these for the navs and with a 4 week trip coming up starting 18th July there biggest test is yet to come. The beating of corrugations and the OTT I will be super happy to see them come out on top.

Thanks, I asked the question about the rear changing the front, as I know how much the rear suspension effects the front on dirt bikes.
Anyone had any experiance with rockcrawler torsion bars.
Good to hear that you bit the bullet and bought the SAX rears, and that thay are everything you hoped for. Hmmm, now to convince myself to part with some coin.

Rusty....

Looking forward to hearing how they went on your return.... hope all goes well. If u could get some height measurements of b4 loaded and after fully loaded would be good + pics too ;)

rob

Shank

Changing the rear springs will not improve the ride up front, but you do feel the ride from the rear more then what you feel up front. The springs unladen are super comfortable. It's like having a set of coils in the rear. I have efs firm elite shocks up front with alloy bullbar and bashplates making most of the weight up front. I find them a good ride but would suspect koni to be better quality then efs. Highly recommend these for the navs and with a 4 week trip coming up starting 18th July there biggest test is yet to come. The beating of corrugations and the OTT I will be super happy to see them come out on top.

D22 Sax Springs

Rusty, Have been reading with interest about you fitting sax springs, as I have been thinking the same. I have a slide on camper that when loaded weighs in at just on a ton, but when I take the camper off (its a single cab with aluminium tray) with helper spring on it rides very rough. Do you have a report now that you have done your trip?

Rusty, Have been reading with interest about you fitting sax springs, as I have been thinking the same. I have a slide on camper that when loaded weighs in at just on a ton, but when I take the camper off (its a single cab with aluminium tray) with helper spring on it rides very rough. Do you have a report now that you have done your trip?

Mate have a look at my build thread and also my cape York thread for pics and info. Springs preformed brilliantly and withstood the corrugations better then expected. I still have the third stage cranked right up with the car empty and its still a comfortable ride. I wouldn't know how they went on a single cab but I would expect them to be pretty dam good.

Cheers Rusty I'm sold, now I'll start enquiring to see where I can get best price!

Just a note for you to take with you.

My sax springs are the old design which only allow 2 different settings in the springs. These were built in house when ordered. They have a new design which is pictured on the website allowing 4 stages of adjustments in the springs. Much better design and the 3rd stage spring
s a parabolic spring allowing better comfort.

Latest posts

Back