Saying Hi

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twenza

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to the forum, new to 4x4ing aswell. I use to own a BMW, got bored and decided to get a Navara, I purchased a brand spanking new D22 STR 2.5L, loving it to bits so far,

Took it bush today for the first time, went great, went with a fellow member on this forum, had a ball, plan to do it again, BUT, I have encountered a few problems......

I have noticed a Coolant leak, i suspect it to be the bottom Radiator Hose, How or why it is leaking i have no bloody clue, the other issue is, ever since i went off road, the heater will not go hot! This is pain in the arse since its WINTER!!! It has been slowly nudging its way to HOT on the temp gauge, so ive just gone home and will give it a thorough clean tomorrow, just wanted some thoughts on the heater problem and how the heck my radiator is leaking already!!!!

Welcome to the forums.

D40''s have suffered from heater problems with the resistor in behind the switch panel dying but I don't remember if they were all fan related or if some stopped heat as well. Either way if it's a brand new car I'd be taking it back to Nissan

I had a resistor failure which effected the fan heater on my D22 about 3 months ago it was fixed under warranty (it seems to be one of a few issues that pop up).

I agree give Nissan a ring, it's not a big job to fix.

Well Joe, it looks like you'll be cleaning the shit out of it tomorrow and looking for the leak, then dropping it off @ service. Hope your been nice to Sharleen & Chris . Thank god Peterson's not still running service.

Well, gave it a clean up yesterday, washed all the mud off, popped some water in the radiator....in one end out the other!....up for a radiator already at 3500KM lol...

So Joe, hows the repairs going ahead. I dropped Matt's new extractors for his GQ today. He's pretty keen to hit the track we went on!

Latest posts

Back