Scanguage HP readings on STX 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriscrowie

Reaction score
All,
Just curious for those with a scanguage fitted to the V9X engine what Horse Power figures you are getting.
On my 550 just before the 10k service it read 153 HP (114kw) and after service now reads at 170HP (126kw)
Asked Nissan to check engine for power optus but they reckon it was all in specs and nothing wrong but they didn't have a dyno to check it on. it should ideally be making 227HP to equal the advertised 170kw the engine is supposed to make.
Just after others experience?
Note - reading was done going up a hill under load holding gear so should be making max power output

How exactly does the scangauge measure the power output.
Does it drive any differently?
If you are really concerned, I would be placing it on a dyno to have it checked.

The scanguage does not measure HP, it calculates it based on an proprietary algorithm taking into consideration variables input from the user (engine size, fuel type), and out puts from the ECU. How the scanguage does it, who knows., and they won't tell, I asked them.

They are approximate., not spot on. Take the reading with a grain of salt. If you want a real value, get it dynoed.

Back