Scenic Rim in Feb 2011

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we have a plan which sounds good. Myself and a mate will be heading to scenic rim to meet everyone at 8:30 at the site office. Do a bit of driving, stop for some lunch I'm thinking on top of tour dr 1 for a bit of a view. Then some more tracks and then stop at one of the flat camp grounds for the night + a few drinks :cheers!: I'll be on Ch21 to chat while we are there.

So far I have worked out the following, post again if wrong:

Camping Friday:
joshman + mates in Hilux, Nav, GU

Just Saturday:
Scubamurph + mate in Triton
CAM500
raywise
ljacko78

Camping Saturday:
Biscuits - Russell
EXALNT - Brad
180%JOE - Joe + my mate Tim
Al
Peter ST R

Just Sunday:
NA R33
Gonzo

looks good to me. Is it the weekend yet???

Does anyone still need - want to meet at Repco on Beaudesert Road first, or is the camp office OK? Map below to the office whcih should be reasonable to find:

Lj

Attachments

• Scenic Rim park location.jpg
    Scenic Rim park location.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 45
looks good to me. Is it the weekend yet???

Does anyone still need - want to meet at Repco on Beaudesert Road first, or is the camp office OK? Map below to the office whcih should be reasonable to find:

Lj

Jacko,

I'm still happy to meet up at the repco on Saturday and go as a group.

Will be coming down from brissie so can stop at the Repco (the one in Beaudesert itself?).
What time will you be there?

Murph

the Repco mentioned earlier is on Acacia Ridge on 1088 Beaudesert Rd - not in Beaudesert itself.....

Last edited:
i'm coming from the goldy so i'll just be at camp office at 8.30. just look for the bloke in the navara lol

Cheers Pete! Last organisational message so hope this covers everything :cheers!:

For the people who know where they are going, see you at 8:30am at the camp office on whatever day you are going. Al will be there waiting Sat morning with beers for everyone (thanks Al hahaha!)

Remember it's $35 / 4wd. Camping is extra. Look up the website for more info:
Scenic Rim 4WD Adventure Park

Bring your own drinking water as the site's water is still stuffed from the floods

For those who are unsure:

Get on the Mount Lindsay Highway if coming from Brisbane southside. I will be at Jubilee Park on Telemon St, Beaudesert at 8am on Saturday morning. Map attached. Will be leaving this point for the camp office at 8:15am sharp.

The other maps shows the 4wd Park location along Boonah-Beaudesert Rd, onto Sandy Ck Road and then to Swan Gully Rd.

We will be on UHF 21.

If anyone is still unsure how to get to Beuadesert or wants to know anything else, feel free to PM me. I'll check it up to late Friday night.

See you all there,

Lj

Attachments

• Scenic Rim - Jubilee Park.jpg
    Scenic Rim - Jubilee Park.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Scenic Rim Directions.jpg
    Scenic Rim Directions.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 35
Suffered a set back today. This shit only happens when you plan to go somewhere.

Driving along the Warrego and BAM! massive stone right in the center of the windscreen. Can't get it replaced till Monday.

So i am going to ignore the advice of Mark fwom Windweens O'Bwien about a sudden jolt turning my chip into a cwack.

See you all out there, planning to arrive sometime Saturday arvo about 4'ish if i time my run right.

What time are the Saturday campers setting up?? and will anyone have a handheld on UHF21 that late comers can contact (i am bringing 3) ???

Last edited:
Just noticed they are having a ladies event on the 19th March. Might book the Mrs in and see how she goes. Anyone else be interested in having a beer and watching their respectives get recovered??

Will be coming down from brissie so can stop at the Repco (the one in Beaudesert itself?).
What time will you be there?

Murph

Scuba, I'll be at the Repco 1088 Beaudesert Rd at about 6:50am Saturday and leaving at 7am to give us plenty of time to get in by 8:30am

Cheers
Cam

Scuba, I'll be at the Repco 1088 Beaudesert Rd at about 6:50am Saturday and leaving at 7am to give us plenty of time to get in by 8:30am

Cheers
Cam

Ok bud. Should see you there for 6:50. If not there by 7am head on.
My mates gf will have slowed us down :)

Right well, now that I know its this weekend and not the one just gone I'm still hoping to make it there sunday. Have free tickets to a corporate box on saturday so I cant pass that up.

In regards to educational type things, an old car club I used to be part of used to have "Dodgy Mechanic Days," where we all got together and helped eachother out doing things to our vehicles, mods/maintenance. Those with some knowledge helped those with little or less. We have a engineering shop in sumner park that I would be willing to hold some of these at. No hoists unfortunately but equipment to build a rocket ship if so desired, perhaps some plasma cut egr block off plates or similar. Could be a once a month thing perhaps even a meeting place? available on sat after lunch or sundays all day when I'm not busy. Just some food for though. We will have access to welders (mig/tig), manual lathe, guilotine, brake press, cnc plasma cutter, oxy torches, drill presses, the gear to make just about anything really.

Suffered a set back today. This shit only happens when you plan to go somewhere.

Driving along the Warrego and BAM! massive stone right in the center of the windscreen. Can't get it replaced till Monday.

So i am going to ignore the advice of Mark fwom Windweens O'Bwien about a sudden jolt turning my chip into a cwack.

See you all out there, planning to arrive sometime Saturday arvo about 4'ish if i time my run right.

What time are the Saturday campers setting up?? and will anyone have a handheld on UHF21 that late comers can contact (i am bringing 3) ???

I've had a big bullseye on mine for a few months now...happened only 3 weeks after i got a new windscreen. haven't got the heart to tell the insurance company yet lol. i'll get it replaced later in the year when closer to the end of the insurance period. i get one free a year.

In regards to educational type things, an old car club I used to be part of used to have "Dodgy Mechanic Days," where we all got together and helped eachother out doing things to our vehicles, mods/maintenance.....

now that sounds like an idea! Start up a new thread perhaps:rock:

I like where these "dodgy mechanic days" are headed... A few beers, some powertools... Nothing could go wrong! :sarcastic:

Im heading down this arvo and campin overnight, will be up and ready at the front gate at 8:30, look for the bearded bloke driving a navara.

I've got another mate who drives a navara coming up later saturday morning and staying sat night. Ray will be happy as his is a v6 also.

Edit: he had a job cancel on him so now is coming first up with everyone else. Oh and his name is Danny.

Last edited:
Back