Scenic Rim in Feb 2011

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, guys as you add yourselves to the website Qld Navara Drivers Grop. I will then add you to my friends list, this is necessary so i can add you all to the Authors List. That way all members will be able to post Infromation and photos, instead of just me. So please go back and check it every now and then and accept my request, so we can all contribute.

We can use this trip as our first run, so get in now so we can share stories of the Rim.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Found out yesterday our sales conference has been cut short by one day, so I'm back home late Friday, and can venture out for the day on Saturday.:dancing:

We were hoping to stay overnight, but a bit too much home "work" needs to be done at the moment, so its one day of fun for me this time. Put me (and possibly my 3 girls) as starters. I'll be taking it somewhat easy though,

Regards
Ray

you found out yesterday and your telling us today.. what kept you lol

If anyone is still going to meet up at Repco etc on the Sat morning, let me know and I'll catch you further down the road. We're at Munruben (Sth of Browns Plains) along Mt Lindsay H'way, so should be easy to tee up.

Would looovve to be camping overnight, nothing better than having a good day of driving and heading back to camp for some coldies and yarns. Ok, talk later,

Ray

i'm gonna camp saturday night now also. make a weekend of it so satuday day + night plus sunday (maybe not all day)

I have the friday off so can make it down.
Will be there on the saturday with a mate (in a Triton ).
Not confirmed if we are camping yet or heading back to
Brissie for sat night.

Murph

Rain you say???? Excellent!!

Whats the fine for the first to get bogged??? I think we should set up a fine system for QNOG, QNDG, NOOQI whatever the hell it is called....

Something like, "First to be recovered on a trip owes a carton for next trip". We could figure more out at the rim.

I like it! Or a six-pack to the recovery vehicle!

With regards to QNaD, we should organise some "learning" events, where we learn about proper maintenance and how to chamne various bits and pieces, and recovery techniques, and driving technique. (try and do it in the field as much as possible, so if someone gets bogged, we all gather round and learn something about recovery techniques. I dunno, i just know that i need me some more skills (or yall get sick of me asking questions!)

I like your way of Thinking joshman... Even checking out simple mods like the egr/ butterfly mod, so simple that I haven't done it yet....( freaks me out mucking with what I don't totally understand) A day you don't learn something is a day wasted! That's what they tell me at work anyway.

At this stage ..

I'm turning up Sunday morning for the day... ........ ....... BUT who knows

It may change...............

With regards to QNaD, we should organise some "learning" events, where we learn about proper maintenance and how to chamne various bits and pieces, and recovery techniques, and driving technique. (try and do it in the field as much as possible, so if someone gets bogged, we all gather round and learn something about recovery techniques.

Good suggestion Josh, and that sort of does happen now in a round about sort of way. I'm all for it, and I would like to say if you see me talking to myself about V6 modifications etc, please don't worry. I'm used to it :sarcastic::sarcastic:

What we will be doing on Saturday is checking out the campsites for the next trip, cause we WILL be staying then.

Last edited:
whats a v6?

The mighty 3.3ltr V6 is usually found in official Nissan Navara recovery vehicles, mainly used for pulling stranded ZD30s out of bog holes that the V6 skips through.:sarcastic:

Or its an asthmatic, fuel guzzling slug of an engine that needs a GMH injected V8 transplant to really make it come alive.

Take your pick, I go with either depending on how many scotches I've had, :sarcastic::sarcastic:

I'm all for learning events and i'm all for people explaining tips to me. I am also very aware that i will probably owe the first six pack.

I say bring it on and get it dirty. Looking forward to this weekend

Everyone who sent me their email address has been added as authors on QNDG / NOOQI / QNaD. So feel free to comment and post.

Bring your cameras to the Rim.

Latest posts

Back