SCV, EGR mod and now what?...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaceV

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im about to blank my egr and remove the suction control valve, and I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, what do I clean the scv valve with?

Secondly once Ive completed the egr mod, what do you suggest to use to 'clean out' my engine. I would also like to clean my injectors while Im at it.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong though, its just from what Ive read the whole recycling the exhaust thing seems like these motors lungs are filling up like a pack a day smoker for 40 years....

Hi everyone,

Im about to blank my egr and remove the suction control valve, and I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, what do I clean the scv valve with?

Secondly once Ive completed the egr mod, what do you suggest to use to 'clean out' my engine. I would also like to clean my injectors while Im at it.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong though, its just from what Ive read the whole recycling the exhaust thing seems like these motors lungs are filling up like a pack a day smoker for 40 years....

G'day JaceV,

I'm not sure about the scv or really about D40's but I followed Shorty's tutorial for the D22 here http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=25427 took me the best part of a day but I got there.... Certainly taught me a lot about the Nav wherre things go and how to put it back together...

Best of luck,

Scott

You're right about the car inhaling too much smoke, that's why we block the thing off!

The SCV can be washed in petrol but we've had one person report that their suspected dirty SCV was cleaned by Liqui Moly injector cleaner. I've run a pair of those cans through my car (one per tank) and it's just amazing. If you do clean the SCV in petrol, rinse it in fresh diesel afterwards.

Thanks tony, Ill definitely get some. I honestly think my nav feels like its choking.
May need to get the mechanic to do a manifold clean aswell. Ill see how it goes.

Had big issues with my D40 earlier in the year - every time I accelerated it felt like it was chocking / coughing to the point where I couldn't touch the accelerator without it stalling (which is bad because it has an auto gearbox).

It turned out that the SCV was faulty so I had my mechanic replace it and it is running fine - wasn't cheap though about $350 just for the SCV!!

Karl

Latest posts

Back