Scv

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok... after googling.. talking to people and chasing more information, it appears that the LONG BODY SCV is not suitable for my pump... It seems to be European Specific?!? I can find NO REFERENCE to my pump number on *ANY* denso long body SCV..

So in the spirit of not throwing $230 down the toilet, I am going for the short body one...

Mine hasnt misbehaved for over a week now..but my pressure releife valve has popped 4 times...id say since its shimmed and still popping im getting a fair bit of rail pressure...possible combo of bad scv...the chip and dirty contacts shomewhere id say..

Chipit...but ive had problems with a corrroded plug before due to a previous rail chip and no waterproofing on the cheap as chips plug.so now my engine harness (fuel rail sensor plug) is a bit corroded.

Actually Old.Tony mentioned somthing like that last year...(well battery terminal sealant)i finally got some the other week..thanks for the reminder mate!!!

Ok - a *slight* update...

I pulled my SCV out, washed it throughly in petrol, then sprayed the bejesus out of it with contact cleaner.. Allowed it to dry, then gave it a little drink of deisel..

Re-installed it ROTATED 180 DEGREES to how I removed it (ie - upside down)... I had read that people had been having some success with this (not sure why - but I gave it a shot)

3/4 of my fuel starvation just off idle ... gone.. it's still slightly there but there is much more rush and urgency in the power delivery..

So - if you suspect SCV issues, remove, clean, insert upside down.. It's not a complete fix as the SCV is still wounded and will need replacing - but it gets you a little longer..

NOW - on a similar topic, I picked up a new Boost Control Solenoid from my Nissan Dealer.. He commented on they do "heaps of them" and it was a common problem.. He also went on to say that also do plenty of SCV and always have about 10 in stock at any time.. They are, in his words, a common problem and they see heaps of them...

Scv should have been added to the 100k service I recon, it's ridiculous the amount of dramas people have with them.

Back