Sealing airbox

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryce

Reaction score
Hey guys
Ive had a search and a quick look in the service manual (but i dont really know how to read it.)
My question is, Is there a rubber 'o' ring type seal in between the airbox and the lid to the airbox.
I was checking the seal on my snorkel and its leaking where the lid goes on and i have no seal there.
Thanks in advance

Foam seal that shrink and deform over time and fall out, replaced mine with some stuff from Clarke rubber did the job okay.

I found out mine must be leaking to. I cleaned and re oiled my K&N then the next day found oil residue under the air box. So if oil can get out air must be getting in. Off to Clark's I go.

Is there a tiny breather hole on the underside of the box that the oil may of dripped through? i never have looked but i remember reading of it.

I did have a feel but could get all the way under it. I know the patrol pre cleaners have a rubber valve in them because I glued a 10c piece in to block it when I fit my snorkel to it :). I will have another look.

Latest posts

Back