seat belt retract tension?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonney

Reaction score
guys, 7 k on the clock and the drivers side seat belt retract has lost most of its recoil tension. can this be adjusted ? or can i hit Nisan for a new one under waranty ? thanks.

This must be a common problem cause mine is showing signs of this at 20,000km

guys, 7 k on the clock and the drivers side seat belt retract has lost most of its recoil tension. can this be adjusted ? or can i hit Nisan for a new one under waranty ? thanks.

It can't be adjusted. The seat belt mechanism is a sealed unit, and it's actually illegal to open it up and play with the internals. I'd look at the warranty avenue.

Cheers Tanz.

It's the plastic thingy magiggy at the top, that the belt slides through. It builds up some gooey stuff (not a lot) which stops the belt from sliding freely.

Agree with above, have a look where the seat belt contacts the top loop, it will have a residue stck to it causing the belt to stick.
Have cleaned mine several times.

Nissan have a service kit for the Patrols, it is a bit of dental floss to scrape the seatbelt gunge from the slot. Feen one end through then scrape the plastic surfaces like you are garotting it.

Then clean with some isocol or metho and a cotton tip.

Then use the bit of teflon tape supplied in the kit to make it glide through the slot...

thanks guys, i gave the belt a clean with metho plus cleaned that plastic slide thingy up top and all is now working fine.

Back