Seatbelt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goata

Reaction score
G'day all. Just wondering if anyone else has had issue with seatbelt retractor not allowing ya to pull the belt out.
Went to Nissan today to see if they will replace it under warranty. Hopefully they will as I'm pretty sure the quoted price was $285 for a new one. Pretty expensive I thought

Mine seems to be a getting a bit hard to pull out as well, also single cab.

My front passenger seat belt (dual cab) is also very difficult to pull out. It doesnt bother me cause im always driving but for any passenger I take it is really annoying and frustrating! The seat belt mechanism keeps grabbing like when you pull a 'normal' seat belt too fast. It doesnt matter if you pull fast or slow - it still just won't come. Is there any adjustment that can be made??

That's what mine has done. Got to the point the you couldn't use it at all it just wouldn't release but would still retract fine. Had to take it off and now using the passenger one.
Will update tomorrow with what Nissan say and a cost for a new one.

Local Nissan dealer wanted to inspect the belt while in the car and I didn't have enough time to leave it with them. It was clear that it had jammed and not working correctly. Ended up just paying for a new one

how old is car seatbelts are a safty feature and as such should be repleced under warrenty by the dealer no questions asked if there is a problem there needs to be a recall dont pay a cent if they argue go straight to consumer affairs (fair traiding)they have a legal responsability to investigate and fix

08 model, still got warranty till feb as it wasn't regested till 09. I thought they wouldn't have a problem as it safety feature. I ran out of time for Nissan to test it in the car as I needed a new belt to carry passengers over the holidays

Back