Series 6/Series 7 D40 Timing Chain (i.e. 2011/2012+ D40)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vigilante

Reaction score
There is a heap of banter around the traps, mainly Facebook pages, about how Nissan apparently fixed the timing chain issue from about 2011 onwards.

So I guess I am wondering, who has a 2011+ model D40 (both Thai and Spain) and has had to do the timing chain? Its been up to 5 years so there must be some out there with 6 figure kilometre numbers ...

My 2012 has 70,000 on it and I haven't had to touch it (yet?)

Cheers

It's all banter as you say, yours is still a virgin. There is many threads here most are inconclusive.:deadhorse:

:agree: Ehe yeah I know I have still got a fair bit left in mine. To be honest, I would probably just replace it when the time comes and keep it until it dies thereafter.

But yeah, still would be interesting to know if any have gone bang from this era.

I've only had my D22 for a short time, despite the fact I can update anytime the money I've spent created what I needed, the rest is in property. If the chain forks up I'll just replace it.

Latest posts

Back