Service requirement for the 2.5TD?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Tonka

Reaction score
Hey, wondering what else is required to service/change on the engine:

Oil and oil filter
Air filter
Diesel filter
Coolant

What else?

Don't want to miss something out when doing minor or major service and jeopardise my engine.

Hey, wondering what else is required to service/change on the engine:

Oil and oil filter
Air filter
Diesel filter
Coolant

What else?

Don't want to miss something out when doing minor or major service and jeopardise my engine.

According to your service book which should be in the car.

Oil and filter every 10K
Air filter 10K but if you look at the sticker on the air box it says clean every 10K and replace every 40K. I air clean every 10K, get properly cleaned every 40K.
Diesel Filter every 40K
Coolant complete flush and replace at 80K
Brake flush at 40K
LSD oil change at 40K
AT check at 60K I think it is, manual might be 40K
Front Diff at 60K too I think

Under extreme conditions things need doing a little more often but even a few weekend trips bush trips a year barely relates to extreme these days. A trip across the Canning would probably be extreme though.

The rest is pretty much just checks and repair as required but you'll need your service book to confirm everything and confirm the types of fluids needed given that Nissan do specify brake fluids, transmission fluids and coolant to a rating not so much a brand.

The one thing I do remember from about 3 months ago is that no one seems to make an equivalent to Nissan coolant, even FUCHS have claimed they can't replicate it. It's also suggested that coolants aren't mixed so take it as you want to but if you're topping up coolant it may be worth getting atleast that much genuine. $55 should see you get enough for a full change once it's mixed.

Kraftypg, you have listed a couple of stuffs that I haven't thought of and by the way, the service reminder reset worked for mine. Thanks.

If I change the oil and oil filter every 5,000kms, I am sure the engine will run a bit cleaner but is it really not necessary?

They say it does depend on how hard you drive it. The definition of "hard driving" appears to be different among various people as well, so it's hard to gauge.

Some say that Sydney peak hour is hard driving. 2 hours each way every day of stop-start, high engine loads, hard braking because that bimbo in the Mazda just HAD to cut in front, low speed reducing the airflow through the radiator, low RPM over long periods reducing flow through the oil filter creating sludge ...

Then there's the 2.9T caravan being towed up the Stuart Highway in the middle of summer. The hottest possible temperatures, humidity down near zero, high engine RPM creating large amounts of blow-by.

Haul the same caravan up and down the hills in the Vic high country or even the NSW northern coastal region. Major strain on the motor, low speeds on full boost cresting the hills followed by an immediate shutdown as you coast down the other side.

Which one do you worry about?

None. If you WANT to change the oil more frequently, do so - at 5,000km intervals. However, servicing at 10,000km intervals is quite satisfactory for Nissan. Oils aren't what they used to be, they do survive for longer. My wife's car has a 15,000km service interval.

I service mine at 10,000km intervals, serviced by Nissan, and after 70,000km it's still running flawlessly.

Latest posts

Back