Service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its_dunks

Reaction score
G'day guys,

My 2009 D40 is nearly die for its 120,000 service...I've been quoted like $900!! Is this crazy! What are they doing to it!?

If its Nissan every 40,000 ks interval is huge. Don't know y mate.... When my warranty ran out i got my local arb to take over servicing and they have been great and the don't go off the book they check the car over and replace what needs to.be not what the book says just to take your money. Stealaships are bad in my books ive had nothing but bad luck so.if your taking your car to Nissan look else where first ask questions first.

Nissan quoted me 1200 for my 120k. Used a local mechanic and paid 800ish.

Have a look in your book and it will tell you all the shit they are ment to change.

Nissan dealerships do the "replace by the book" thing because sometimes it's hard to tell if there's some inner wear or some structural deterioration in a seal or gasket and as long as they follow that recipe, the intended lifespan of the car and its components won't vary too much, and more importantly, any problems that may occur should be easier to diagnose. That's the intention anyway - a few years sitting around this forum have taught me that not every problem is easy to solve.

I have been taking my D40 to the local mechanic as the price difference that Nissan wanted for the 20k service was double than what the local charged.

For the 40k service, my local Nissan dealer told me to get a quote from the local for the service and they will beat it. Why can't they just charge a decent price to start with!!

I have been taking my D40 to the local mechanic as the price difference that Nissan wanted for the 20k service was double than what the local charged.

For the 40k service, my local Nissan dealer told me to get a quote from the local for the service and they will beat it. Why can't they just charge a decent price to start with!!

Because they are theives.... At 60,000 they side swipped my nav on a steel pole. They had the cheek to ask me for the 800 bucks before they were going to give a loan car so mine can be fixed by my good mate who is panel beater.... Grrrrr my misses pulled me down off the counter as i started hopping over to flog the service manager grrrr stealaships make me mad. IM one of the unlucky ones that has nothing but bad luck

Latest posts

Back