Shock choices

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastik86

Reaction score
The ride in my Nav is getting progressively worse and I'm going to have the mechanic change the shocks tomorrow while they're doing the rear wheel bearings and different oil.

So the mechanic recommended Munroe Heavy Duty cause I don't do much offroad. However I am willing to spend a bit more coin for a better ride and longevity.

I had EFS shocks in which are now shot.

So does anyone know, apart from price, how Raw, OME, Bilstein, Koni and the likes compare?

I'd rather not spend top dollar if it ain't worth it, but I have nothing to compare to. My last 2 cars had Koni shocks and King springs when I bought them (VT Commodore and GQ Patrol coil cab chassis) so the rides in em were pretty sweet.

The EFS had a nice ride when I bought the Nav 2 years ago, but they've had their day in the sun. I don't know the longevity of them because I don't know how long old mate had em in for before I bought it.

I've read all good things about Bilstein, mixed reviews on EFS and OME, very little (but good) about Raw and no-one ever knocks Koni, so I guess I'm after a few pros/cons from people with experience or wish they went one over the other problem completely happy with what they got for what they spent.

i went with bilstein this time round and the damping is excellent. had oztec previously and they were on for a few years. nowhere near as good as the bilsteins though. i bought mine from the us when dollar was good.

I had Dobinson's in and they were much better riding then stock. Recently I did the upgrade to Bilstein's though and the ride is even better again. I wish i'd just spent the coin first time round and got the Bilstein's instead...would of saved money in the long run.

So I opted for Bilsteins.... But the mechanic spent f-ing ages getting the rear wheel bearings out (which is what it actually went in for) cause they were jammed in there good and proper so he wasn't gonna get to the shocks today.

Which means good news I can shop around and save some coin!

Bad news the diff oil had chunks of shit in it and small filings so looks like they'll be rebuilding the diff when they do the shocks.... (sarcastic voice) Yay

Latest posts

Back