Shocks???? Oztrec

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt c

Reaction score
hey Fellas
obviously a lot of threads on shockies couldn't find anything on Oztec shocks my mechanic recommended them for my 2 new fronts, does anyone have these or heard of them ?

Last edited:
I have them on mine all round. They are good especially for rebound damping. Done i think around 80k now so have been looking to replace the front with bilsteins. Oztec are meant to have a lifetime warranty.

Thanks Glennm why are you going with blisteins instead of the warranty? Also how do the Oztec handle the rough stuff off road

They haven't died, everything I read though says bilsteins are the ducks nuts. Rebound on the Oztec seem particularly good and I can't say I have ever felt it top out off road (not like the originals). Compression damping doesn't seem to be as strong. They have been good off road but don't seem to like corrugations which apparently the bilsteins handle very well.

They didnt ride very well on corrugations ?

Well I don't think they cope well with corrugations. Heaps better than original but I would like to feel the difference with bilsteins as others rave about them.

Last edited:
Oh I see so they didnt break down or anything but a bit uncomfortable? I was thinkin blisteins originally but my suspension guy who sells blisteins, tough dog , oztec and plenty of others seemed to like oztec the best

Not uncomfortable in general use including off roading but i plan to head out west and hate the inevitable corrugations you strike so wanted to try the bilsteins.

hey guys i had these shocks a little while back and would not recommend them , i destroyed 2 sets of fronts in 4 months of normal driving to work . They replaced the 1st pair but when the 2nd pair went i decided to go for some tough dogs which btw are awesome. I was told torsion bar front ends are rough on shocks and require a bigger bore shock.

Thanks for the replies fellas unfortunately my mechanic had already ordered the oztec shocks before I saw nav mans comment so ill just have to see how they go I guess

I think they will be ok for most of my driving I was more worried if I did a trip to cape which may be on the cards in the next couple of years they may let me down on the corrugated roads

Latest posts

Back