Should I swap?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosery

Reaction score
As a few of u may no my nav is for sale. But I haven't had a lot of interest. Today I got offered a straight swap for a 2005 ford f6 typhoon manual with 170,000 ks. Old mate says its worth 26 I think he is dreaming. But would it sell Eaiser than the nav. Just trying to keep my options open. But either way it would be still sold. Oh mine is a 05 d22 130,000 ks with lots of goodies

As a few of u may no my nav is for sale. But I haven't had a lot of interest. Today I got offered a straight swap for a 2005 ford f6 typhoon manual with 170,000 ks. Old mate says its worth 26 I think he is dreaming. But would it sell Eaiser than the nav. Just trying to keep my options open. But either way it would be still sold. Oh mine is a 05 d22 130,000 ks with lots of goodies

I think he is dreaming too with that amount of km on it i would say it wont be an easy sale. turbo petrol ute i think straight away how much caning has that thing had, after all thats why most guys buy them. just my 2 cents

^^ what Nathan said.

They are an awesome motor car. Had a drive of one a few years back a real party car but with 170,000K's on a highly boosted petrol engine. No thanks.

Ford may not be worth 26K but neither is the Nav, both just need to be dangled in front of the right person to sell.

However if a better indication of value for the Ford is 15-20K then you need to figure out what your Nav is worth to work out if a swap is viable not just whether the Ford is worth what the guy says it is.

So I would say a swap still comes down to which you think you can get rid of quickest not the price because both would be valued at a similar price. Although if you do swap you will have to go through a transfer process and pay fees associated so they will also have to be included and will no doubt make the deal less attractive.

You could trade it, dealers love 3ltr STR's cause people still think they are the ducks nuts.

Take off the extras and sell them to make a few extra $$

Thanks guys as I thought but I no nothing about those sort of cars. Just need to sell the nav which is turning out harder than I thought.

You could trade it, dealers love 3ltr STR's cause people still think they are the ducks nuts.

Take off the extras and sell them to make a few extra $$

Na can't trade it already got a new ute. And taking the extras off is to much hassle as I don't have standard parts etc.

Good point krafty I didn't think about transfer fees.

Thanks guys as I thought but I no nothing about those sort of cars. Just need to sell the nav which is turning out harder than I thought.

Unfortunately it's not a good time to be trying to sell anything I have noticed.

Im not sure how much more durable the typhoon turbo is, but my mate had the xr6 of the same year & had to replace turbo around 200k.

I tried to swap my Nav at the time for an XR6 turbo ute that had a bit of work done, i would've swapped for an F6 in a heart beat, but it all depends on what you want. Don't swap it just to sell it, its easier to sell something you know a lot about.

i'd do the swap, at least have some fun in it before it sells, but then, i like fast cars, a had a VE SS ute before my Nav and miss it big time!

as far as transfer fees, tell the dude if he wants the Nav that he can organise both roadies and pay both tranfers, makes it a sweet deal for you

boost wise, 2005 XR6T's only ran 3-4psi, F6's a little more to get the extra power, so maybe 5-7psi, so unless it's been increased, it's not a high boosted engine by any means

Latest posts

Back