Show the temp in your dash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i think ive read all this and im still confused or dumb but did anyone get it to work in the 2010 st

You'll be needing a dash cluster from a Spain built STX, and preferably the wiring loom, but I guess you could make one up.

Hell of a lot of work for little reward, just wind down your window!.

Just an idea but you could maybe get a tone generator/ cable tracer and place it on pin 51 or 50 from memory then see if you can pick up the cable under the bonnet and find if it is present. Anybody who does data cabling will have one or if you near Newcastle i could give you mine to use.

You will simply have to attach it to the pin where it will generate a tone down the cable and can be picked up by a receiver that emits a warbley tone when you locate it near the cable in question. If its not present you wont get a signal or if it terminates somewhere under the bonnet you may be able to extend the loam to where the sensor sits in front of the radiator.

Refer to my post #154.

Curious as to why you'd sell it do you not need to know the temperature any more. As long as your under $100 you might get a few bites there are plenty of people that seem to want them.

Curious as to why you'd sell it do you not need to know the temperature any more. As long as your under $100 you might get a few bites there are plenty of people that seem to want them.

I brought it, not knowing I cant fit it to my 2010 St.

Well thats a pretty good reason. I'm suprised you haven't had anyone atleast ask for a price. Nissan's price is ridiculous and there always seems to be someone here asking for one or ways to make one work. Good luck selling it anyway.

Howmuch do you want for it D.J.C76 I have a mate interested.

If anyone is interested, the sensor is up for auction on ebay!
Follow this link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Navara-D40-Outside-Air-Temp-Sensor-27722-AX610-/220668235619?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3360da0f63

Last edited:
Hey djc you're not doing too bad on that auction $100 inc postage. Nissan quoted me $94 the other day, I still reckon it's too expensive (maybe the temp isn't that important to me) but none the less with only one day left that's a good price and this bump of the thread might spike someone elses interest for you.

i am about to order the temp sensor from my dealer

does it plug infront or behind radiator? behind grille ( infront of radiator) i can reach a cable that has a socket on the end of it

i have an 09 d4o titanium

cheers

i am about to order the temp sensor from my dealer

does it plug infront or behind radiator? behind grille ( infront of radiator) i can reach a cable that has a socket on the end of it

i have an 09 d4o titanium

cheers

That's where it goes - close to the centre column, here's a top view:
760d1261123653-show-temp-your-dash-ambient_sensor_mounting_location.jpg

Cheers
Tony

I'll price the sensor in South Africa (where I am until June 2011) and if the price is right post details here

Sensor fitted found the wiring at the bottom of the radiator all good now

I made a sensor for less than $5 a while ago and has been working great. Probably not as acurate as the brought one but close enough for what I need. Have used it from about 10deg to 40deg so far, good to within about a degree.

I used 2x1Kohm thermistors in series from a local supplier, they are the same as these thermistors. If you are in SA you can buy them at Aztronics, Blair Athol.

To tune them to be similar to the Nissan unit I put a 22kohm resistor in parallel with the thermistors and then a 250ohm resistor in series with the lot.

Resistor values can be changed to tune it if required.

dfgeorge said:
I made a sensor for less than $5 a while ago and has been working great. Probably not as acurate as the brought one but close enough for what I need. Have used it from about 10deg to 40deg so far, good to within about a degree.

I used 2x1Kohm thermistors in series from a local supplier, they are the same as these thermistors. If you are in SA you can buy them at Aztronics, Blair Athol.

To tune them to be similar to the Nissan unit I put a 22kohm resistor in parallel with the thermistors and then a 250ohm resistor in series with the lot.

Resistor values can be changed to tune it if required.

Any chance you could do up a wiring diagram? I'd be interested in this

Cheers Tony.

The thermistors are in series (see attached)

Dave

Attachments

• TempSensor.jpg
    TempSensor.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 93
$99 that's ridiculous, my wife had a mazda3 that has the exact same dash feature looks identical too, $28.00 was all it cost. il check to see if harness is same.. Nissan charges like wounded bulls all the time, gotta pay there recalls some how. I guess

Hi

Does anybody know if the wiring harness for the sensor is included in the "thai" built D40's ?

Would love to add one, but dont want to look for a needle in a haystack that actually doesnt exist
Thanks

Latest posts

Back