Show the temp in your dash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasn't in models previous to 2010 so it possibly isn't in the later ones but check for yourself with the instructions above it's not that hard to find, 10 seconds with the bonnet up is all it should take.

Hi

Does anybody know if the wiring harness for the sensor is included in the "thai" built D40's ?

Would love to add one, but dont want to look for a needle in a haystack that actually doesnt exist
Thanks

As far as I'm aware the Thai builds don't have it. I met up with Sypher (a user here) and had a look over his mid-2010 ST and it didn't have the harness.

If you look at this post I've put some photos on how to do it, and on the location of the socket. If you don't find a socket around there, you may not be able to do this.

In theory if the temp shows up in the dash ( by putting the dash into diagnostics mode ) then it can still be done. The instrument cluster is where the power for the sensor comes from . On the ST-X 4x2 the harness is missing from the kick panel in the left footwell to the dash.I just ran my own and as luck would have it the pin spacing on the connector on the cluster is the same as a standard motherboard pin spacing for a jumper.

Hey aussiefrontier how do u put ur dash in diagnostic mode? I disconnected my battery the other day and now I've lost dte, ltrs/100 ks avg speed and other trip menus. Any ideas? I have a 2012 d40 Spanish dual cab.

Cheers mate any help would be great

Hi all. Just had another play now its all working. Not sure what happened but happy now anyway.

Cheers

Did this mod on the weekend ... thank you Tony for the images and guidance. Very helpful.

Only thing that caught me out was where the hell the sensor mounted ... found the slot on the middle support in front of the radiator ... in line with the bonnet latch underneath the intercooler. Very easily accessible from the front if you've got a factory nissan nudge bar fitted.

Self-Diagnosis Mode of Combination Meter EKS00BSM
SELF-DIAGNOSIS FUNCTION
The following items can be checked during Combination Meter Self-Diagnosis Mode.
 Gauge sweep and present gauge values.
 Illuminates all odometer/trip meters and A/T indicator segments.
 Illuminates all micro controlled lamps/LEDs regardless of switch position.
 Displays estimated present battery voltage.
 Displays seat belt buckle switch LH status.
HOW TO INITIATE COMBINATION METER SELF-DIAGNOSIS MODE
NOTE:
Once entered, Combination Meter Self-Diagnosis Mode will function with the ignition switch in ON or START.
Combination Meter Self-Diagnosis Mode will exit upon turning the ignition switch to OFF or ACC.
To initiate Combination Meter Self-Diagnosis Mode, refer to the following procedure.
1. Turn the ignition switch ON, while pressing the odometer/trip meter switch for 5 - 8 seconds. When the
diagnosis function is activated the odometer/trip meter will display tESt.

Self-Diagnosis Mode of Combination Meter EKS00BSM
SELF-DIAGNOSIS FUNCTION
The following items can be checked during Combination Meter Self-Diagnosis Mode.
 Gauge sweep and present gauge values.
 Illuminates all odometer/trip meters and A/T indicator segments.
 Illuminates all micro controlled lamps/LEDs regardless of switch position.
 Displays estimated present battery voltage.
 Displays seat belt buckle switch LH status.
HOW TO INITIATE COMBINATION METER SELF-DIAGNOSIS MODE
NOTE:
Once entered, Combination Meter Self-Diagnosis Mode will function with the ignition switch in ON or START.
Combination Meter Self-Diagnosis Mode will exit upon turning the ignition switch to OFF or ACC.
To initiate Combination Meter Self-Diagnosis Mode, refer to the following procedure.
1. Turn the ignition switch ON, while pressing the odometer/trip meter switch for 5 - 8 seconds. When the
diagnosis function is activated the odometer/trip meter will display tESt.

I just tried this on my D40 ST 2010 and it did none of the above. Actually I had to hold down the clock adjuster button to get "Test Good" on odometer side of LCD. When I held down the odometer button it reset my service warning for the service I have booked for Wednesday.

I tried this test to see if the ambient reading would test on the dash confirming there is a loom connected to the dash as I cannot see the plug at the front intercooler. I believe now that Thai's DON'T have this provision for the sensor from factory.

We had suspected that the instruments are different but thats now proven it.
I can show which connections it goes to but i dare say you down want to pull your dash apart to check it
Some guys have imported intelligent rear view mirrors and installed those to get temp

We had suspected that the instruments are different but thats now proven it.
I can show which connections it goes to but i dare say you down want to pull your dash apart to check it
Some guys have imported intelligent rear view mirrors and installed those to get temp

I already have a clip on rear camera in mirror so there wouldn't be ant point changing the mirror. I guess I'll just have to either live without it or buy an aftermarket one from jaycar or something. 😂

Ok, so after spending the last hour reading all these posts this should work in my 07 ST-X V6.

:)

We actually tried for weeks to work out how to build our own as its only a thermistor but we just couldnt quite get it right .
Nissan originally wanted almost $300 for the sensors and we couldnt source them from the US.
The UK was almost 200 pounds so even worse .

Most definately should.The 06 and 07 models is where this all started on ClubFrontier
You should find the connector on the rad support about half way down .

Thanks for that, I have seen the connector in the front there so I will look at getting the sensor. Looking at the first picture at the start of this post it seem that the 4x4 icon is missing next to the clock, will this happen to mine when I install the sensor.

Cheers
Shawn

Nope
Your only activating an icon thats there, it wont take away anything you currently have.
When we initially bought the sensors there was maybe 10 or more of us and no issues with any of them from memory

+1 on no issues - mine went in without a hitch.

Knowing Nissan, they probably added a small resistor to modify the output from any standard thermistor available on the market.

Latest posts

Back