Shrockworks bar here!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matstx

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
So finally my Shrockworks bar got here. Have to get it powdercoated and fit up some lights and fogs. I must say this thing is extremely well built and not too heavy considering the plate thickness. Ill post some pics once I get its fitted up.
Cheers.

Attachments

• IMAG0315[1].jpg
    IMAG0315[1].jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 430
Hey Guys,
So finally my Shrockworks bar got here. Have to get it powdercoated and fit up some lights and fogs. I must say this thing is extremely well built and not too heavy considering the plate thickness. Ill post some pics once I get its fitted up.
Cheers.
I love the solid mounting brackets too !!!!! wish ours were still like that and not the bloody ADR accordion ones were now stuck with

Hey Guys,
Cheers.

Nice bit of work, how thick is the plate?

Hey,

Just a quick word of warning to trial fit it before you get it powercoated... We brought over Shrockworks gear a couple of years back and it is miles out form fitting the D40's.
Ray_215 has it... not sure where he got to in terms of fitting? I've just text him to try to get some up to date info.

Needed a lot of work to make it fit... so just wanted to give you a little heads up that might save you a lot of headaches and expense.

Same goes with the rear bar... it didn't fit by a long way.

Perhaps in the time since we bought our front and rear bar Shrockworks have been able to adjust the mounts to suit the D40.. as opposed to the Frontier... in which case you will have no problems.

One other word of warning... the recovery points that come through the bar fall well outside ADR approval as they are a forward protrusion and pedestrian safety issue.

Not trying to take the wind out of your sails or be a ass... just some words of experience.

They are very nicely made bit of gear... and the fabrication quality is superb.

Good luck with the fit up... I'll try to report back with some other info which might be of assistance to you.

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks for the heads up matt. I wasn't aware of any fitment issues. Is yours a thai built or Spanish. I have only seen one D40 outside of the states with one fitted. Pretty sure it was Thailand or phillipines. I was pretty sure the recovery points would fail ADR. If I get pinged by the boys in blue Ill just have to cut em off and weld it up. Id appreciate any more info you can get.

Cheers,
Mat.

Last edited:
before 2011 thia and spanish have the same mounts just slightly different mounting points. my spanish has vertical bolt holes and mates thia has horizontal

I think it was a Thai Built model... but I can't remember 100%.

I found these images for the bar on Ray's truck... you can see the guard side of the bar is too short and doesn't line up with the guard properly. I am still waiting to hear back from Ray with more details on what he had to do to fit the bar.

When I ordered this from Shrockworks I specified that the recovery point not come through the front of the bar... took a few months to get it sent out.

I'll let you know any other info I can find over the next few days.

Cheers,
Matt

Hello,

I have fitted both rear and front shrockworks bumpers on a spanish built Navara D40 from 2006.
Rear bumper was no problem, easy installation.
Front Bumper didn't fit, i had to cut 5cm (2 inch) of the chassis. Then I could use the bottom bolts to attach the brackets. The front of the brackets was then welded to the chassis.
In the picture of the previuos post the installation was done in an other way, you can see that the bumper sits 2 inch to far to the front.
I will try to post a picture of my installation later on.
Good luck with your installation.

Thanks for the pics Force. Bar looks awesome. Seriously hope mine bolts up ok. I dont fancy cutting the chassis rails. I dropped it off to the powdercoater this morning. Ill be fitting it up in 2 weeks when I get back from work.

Thanks for the pics Force. Bar looks awesome. Seriously hope mine bolts up ok. I dont fancy cutting the chassis rails. I dropped it off to the powdercoater this morning. Ill be fitting it up in 2 weeks when I get back from work.

Already fitted the front bar?

Yeah mate all bolted up. Had to do much the same as you and cut 2" off the rails. Bit of a hassle but came up great. Just need to get some lights.

Attachments

• IMAG0509[1].jpg
    IMAG0509[1].jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 195
  • IMAG0510[1].jpg
    IMAG0510[1].jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 141

Latest posts

Back