Shut down shudder

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
For the second time after near 10K I've put Moly into the fuel tank.
First time there was no problems. This time, when I switch the old gal off, there is a hell of a shudder from the motor.
I would be interested to hear why this is happening.

Shudder

Mine has done this from new,stealership said its normal but I havnt driven any others to know,having said that now 110,000k with no probs.

check butterfly as mentioned. quite possible some dick has put ball bearings in the line. seen it done.

otherwise it could be running on from engine oil. especially just about every mechanic seams to over fill these with engine oil. so check engine oil level when engine is old.

It seems to have settled down a bit and it only gets the shudder about every 2 out of 10 shut downs.
but the comment about the oil got me thinkin.
I had the rocker cover gasket replaced just a short while ago, looks like the bloody mechanic topped up the oil and the level is sitting at the top of the twist on the dip stick and I always keep it under the top notch. I gotta find a better mechanic who knows nissans.
anyway, I'll keep an eye on it and check the butterfly, where ever that is.
Cheers

I had the rocker cover gasket replaced just a short while ago, looks like the bloody mechanic topped up the oil and the level is sitting at the top of the twist on the dip stick and I always keep it under the top notch. I gotta find a better mechanic who knows nissans.
anyway, I'll keep an eye on it and check the butterfly, where ever that is.
Cheers
thats sounds about right. by mem its about 1l or so over filled.
bloody mechanics like to check the oil after running the engine and then top it up.

normally not an issue on most cars but the oil level in zd30's is retardedly high to start with.

attachment.php

hope you can see that.

Attachments

• Dipstick and bottom of Crank 1.JPG
    Dipstick and bottom of Crank 1.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 544

Latest posts

Back