Single cab snorkel??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunc

Reaction score
so i have found out you can't get a snorkel for a single cab. took it to arb to get a safari snorkel fitted and ended up with a big dirty hole in the panel and no snorkel as apparently it will not fit in the gaurds. they are going to replace the panel but still not really impressed.

whats the point of making a 4wd that you can't put a snorkel on.

anyway has any one found a snorkel that works or a way of making one work?? not really wanting a stainless one but may be the only option.

cheers duncan.

Last edited:
it shouldn't be much different to the dual cab??? whats your navara rx??ill call arb where i live and ask about it

i would be surprised that a tight arse car manufacture would bother making different front body panels for a single cab. are your sure they got the right snorkel?

yeah its a 2011 rx, only option for a single cab. apparently the wheel arches are smaller.
i now know others have had problems fitting them.

why nissan made them different i don't know??? so if you want a single cab ute you can get a snorkel for easly do not get a d40.

a hilux would have been easier. or bite the bullet and get a patrol.

i rang them they don't make one for the rx .. i was shocked i never herd of this .
i asked them are they going to bring one out one to suit but there not going to .. only option is to go custom .

so the smaller guards would u fit a bigger wheel under or 31 as big as u could go ??

i read this so the safari apparently can be made to fit.... arb assured me they tried and couldn't get it to? i could probably do it myself but not intrested in paying to fit a wrong snorkel.

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=8811

the guards are narrower you can fit the same size tyres just they stick out the sides, my 32 are hanging out a bit now.

nissan were being so gay when they designed this car.

the other option is to replace the guards and bumper... but not likely, though there is a nissan dealer across the road with lots of st's in the yard.... hmmm no i wouldn't.

Not hard to see how Nissan almost went under in the 90's.

Doing stupid shit like this, D40's have to be the biggest !@#$ up by Nissan.

SFA interchanges between them all, I can just imagine the headaches later at the wreckers.

i don't no if u seen it but dozell this is his rx

looks good.

image-1978232098.jpg

doesn't a reversed RAM head cause a vacuum like scenario when driving? I rembered reading a thread about the issues...however i have seen a few reversed.

wheres are all the hand crafted D.I.Y' snorkels ???? I cant seem to find any ?? I have forum searched and searched , I know i'm a newbie and still working this site out but for the life of me I cant find one ! What am I not doing right - what do I search under ???

Ahh thanks nav dog ! love to see any under the bonet pic's ! I was thinking of bringing the pipeing in through the gard a lot earlyer than this one , and fabricating a new port into the air box to keep the bends and leanth down to a minimum ????. still nice unit indeed :)

Back