Slider - DIY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Job Mate!

Im intrested in making some of my own up soon aswell. but whats with the extra long one sided bracket? is that the fuel tank one you were talking about?

Thanks for the comments guys.

Bit hard to eplain what i did with the fuel bracket side but hopefully this sketch will help. Will take some photos tomorrow for yous.

I basically used the existing hole that goes right through the chassis (Jap 2006 model). Run a long bolt through this and made a bracket to suit this. The bracket needed to be in 2 parts to allow for fitment of the slider.

Doing it this way ment i didnt need to drill any holes and didnt have to stuff around with trying to move fuel lines or anything.

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 164
Cheers. Ive only ever stick welded before. Thought i get into a bit of Mig welding. Lots of research and practise. More and more practise to come. Its good fun though. Nice to make your own stuff too instead of just buying it.[/QUOTE]

Hey, you said you just started out Mig welding, they are awesome welds you've got going on. Is that with a gas or gasless Mig? I've only got the Arc welder and its pretty hard to get a tidy job with good penetration.

Hey mate. Thats with gas.

Heaps of good info on youttube and all over the net was the way i learnt the basics.lol

Cant really help with getting better welds with your stick welder. Dont know enough about it sorry.

Hey mate. Thats with gas.

Heaps of good info on youttube and all over the net was the way i learnt the basics.lol

Cant really help with getting better welds with your stick welder. Dont know enough about it sorry.

Cheers mate, I've heard that gasless Migs aren't that crash hot, but i thought thats maybe what you had used. Not a bad set up for a home shed then hey. I've had some good practice with the Migs at work, my mechanic mate has shown me a few tips. When it comes to arc welding at home, I usually make a few tacs to hold everything in place and then take the job into work and finish it off with the Mig. Thinking I might buy my own though. What Mig have you got?

Latest posts

Back