• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SLIDERS AND BARS (who is interested)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scotty, have you made a set of sliders for anyone with an '08 D22 yet?

I really think it's the bloody changeover year model, chassis & body of the old with the engine of the new! It has the brake lines on the chassis like the new ones I think?

Hi Scotty.

Your rear bars look the goods mate - well done. Actually I think I'm a fan of all your bar work.

I just have one question (playing devil's advocate, but for dummies like me) - how does welding the rear bar to the tow bar affect the tow bar's rating, or does it not make any difference? I ask because we were never allowed to cut, weld or otherwise heat rated equipment (lifting gear etc) when I were on the tools.

Ta.

Hi Scotty.

Your rear bars look the goods mate - well done. Actually I think I'm a fan of all your bar work.

I just have one question (playing devil's advocate, but for dummies like me) - how does welding the rear bar to the tow bar affect the tow bar's rating, or does it not make any difference? I ask because we were never allowed to cut, weld or otherwise heat rated equipment (lifting gear etc) when I were on the tools.

Ta.

It doesn't affect it if welded correctly with heating the metal with an oxy and then weldig allowing both metals to cool at the same time. that is just a design that was put up to get feed back.We are doing those bars with irons now.

G, day mate,

It was great talking to you again today.

I have perused your thread and I will be putting an order in for you to make me a set of sliders for my GU Patrol.

Please advise what measurements and photos that you require to helping assist you to make them?

As previously advised, Ally and I and the children will be down in Victoria in April this year, so I could get them fitted when I am down and also catch up with you for a beer or two!

PS, please advise how much deposit you require or I can pay you the full amount.

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

:cheers!:

No worries Paul. Email me some photos.What wheel base is it.

rearbarandMerton105.jpg

rearbarandMerton106.jpg

2 sets of holes to accomadate a 50mm body lift
tow hitch welded in
rearbarandMerton108.jpg

recovery point is part of the bar iron so you are pulling off the chassis
rearbarandMerton111.jpg

Last edited:
They are looking mint mate. any chance of making them accommodate a 30mm bodylift? Also fitting to a 09 model. I might wait till you sort out your rear bar before placing my order for Sliders. chance you could stab in the dark for a $$ ball park figure? Also the iron that mounts to the chassis will it have a bit welded across the bottom to take the extra up force if it was to contact the ground suddenly?

They are looking mint mate. any chance of making them accommodate a 30mm bodylift? Also fitting to a 09 model. I might wait till you sort out your rear bar before placing my order for Sliders. chance you could stab in the dark for a $$ ball park figure? Also the iron that mounts to the chassis will it have a bit welded across the bottom to take the extra up force if it was to contact the ground suddenly?

its 10mm plate Rusty so it won't bend mate.

Rock Sliders

G,day Scotty,

Please advise what i owe you for the GU Patrol rock sliders mate!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

:rambo::deadhorse::violin2:

Hey Scotty

Pics are good. Bar looks real good to. Do you have a pic of it on a D22? Some dollars come in soon and I'll order one (fingers crossed mate). Cheers

Lj

Hey Scotty

Pics are good. Bar looks real good to. Do you have a pic of it on a D22? Some dollars come in soon and I'll order one (fingers crossed mate). Cheers

Lj

I'll have pics of it sitting on a D22 tonight Luke. The owner of the bar is coming over so we can double check it,then fully weld and paint it and fit it for him tonight.

not trying to be a killjoy but have you thought about insurance if you manufacture something and sell it to tye public then someone puts it on there car and something happens and for some unknown reason the insurance company wipes a clame and some one is ingured and then some brainwave traces it back to an aftermarket un approved item on car then you could be liable for damages/compensation i would be checking with insurance companys fair traiding etc before i got to excited

Buyers purchase at there own risk. None of it falls back onto scotty.

Quick one scotty with your weld on bars are you gonna work it out as the bar as a base cost then for extras like jerry holders and spare wheel are say an extra $$$ per item? I'm talking to my cousin what's in getting my toward cut and lifted to suit the bodylift I'm gonna install.

what Rusty said. We can garantee that these won't fail and would be passed by an engineer. Yes Rusty looking at this being a base model and be able to add to it down the track. this is the first one and we want to incorperate stub axles into them for swing aways.

Back