• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SLIDERS AND BARS (who is interested)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the reply woody. i see what your saying and yes i have been seen leaving trenches from time to time. im not sure of the exact height of the hayman reese but its just a standard bar if that means anything. the only reason i was keen to copy bosshog's bar was how it sat under the tail gate and also how the two bars rap around the side of the tub. having said that i just had a peak in your garage and looked at your rear bar and it also sits nice and high. unlike the ARB ones i have looked at. (they work out to be the same height as my haymen reese)
can i ask who made your bar? and can you get them with the bars that come around the guards?

anyway i do agree with what your saying and will have to have a chat with scotty and see what we can work out.
thanks again. Nath

Nathan.

My rear step bar is supplied by Ironman - and i have replaced the actual step itself so that there is no gap between the tub and the bar.

Scotty is looking at a way of extending the circular tubes right around the bottom sides of the tub so that i have full protection. Once he has figured that out, and built a new one for himself, he will have two prototypes (D22 and D40) that he can copy as needed for people.

I still drag the tow bar through humps from time to time, but no where near as often as i used to. I was lucky on this last weekend away - i did not bottom out on the rear all weekend. (the front bashplate took a really good wack though).

Hey Scotty hope you 4 day trip was good, how much for brush bars and side steps for a dual cab D22 pretty please?

Nathan.

My rear step bar is supplied by Ironman - and i have replaced the actual step itself so that there is no gap between the tub and the bar.

Scotty is looking at a way of extending the circular tubes right around the bottom sides of the tub so that i have full protection. Once he has figured that out, and built a new one for himself, he will have two prototypes (D22 and D40) that he can copy as needed for people.

I still drag the tow bar through humps from time to time, but no where near as often as i used to. I was lucky on this last weekend away - i did not bottom out on the rear all weekend. (the front bashplate took a really good wack though).

And the sliders did a good job a few times Woody that I noticed

thanks scotty. i will get some cash together so i can put an order in with you for rear bar and sliders. not 100% sure if i want brush bars yet but will decide well before i talk with you. thanks again. nath

Hey Scotty - are your rear bars incorporating the stock tow bar or will you build them with a tow bar that sits higher than stock?

Will the tow bar be rated?

I expect that Woody's - being from Ironman - it would be rated. Has Woody's been modified at all from the original?

What is the impact on insurance if I tow with an un-rated tow bar and have an accident that sees my trailer destroyed or it comes loose and smashes into another vehicle?

Just the questions in my head to determine what I do next.

ryandm's sliders donr colour coded
homeitems065.jpg

homeitems064.jpg

They look sexc. What are they worth in black with alloy? For d22. Also has that angle been changed from slider to like step?

They look sexc. What are they worth in black with alloy? For d22. Also has that angle been changed from slider to like step?

Rusty the angle is the same as the photos of Woodys Nav.They are still a slider but with a lot less angle.I suggest if you want then for the D22 to keep them like mine but depends on how much and how hard you do your 4wding.colour coded with checkerplate is $900 plus frieght.If you want them black with alloy top they will be $700 plus freight as the alloy is more expensive.

Rusty the angle is the same as the photos of Woodys Nav.They are still a slider but with a lot less angle.I suggest if you want then for the D22 to keep them like mine but depends on how much and how hard you do your 4wding.colour coded with checkerplate is $900 plus frieght.If you want them black with alloy top they will be $700 plus freight as the alloy is more expensive.

I'm sort of thinking long run for kids getting in and out. Providing I still have the nav by then Hehe.4wding is none atm my lame bro won't get mud tires to do decent tracks :(. But I intend on doing a bit of off-road work in future and a bit of travelling ie, cape York, kimberley etc. So slider with less angle and checkerplate top is $700 + postage?

I'm still thinking whether I want a bodylift aswell. I do but then i dont :(

Cheers
Rusty

shit these rock sliders look great. hopefully i can get some soon with some brushbars. still trying to decide if i wana go black or colour code... cant seem to find a d22 in my colour with colour coded sliders and brushbars

Latest posts

Back