smell coming though car oil smell

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginorris

Reaction score
hey i have a navara d22 and there's a funny smell coming though the cab it smells like oil or gear box oil, i had a new cluch put in and found a small rip in the boot and sealed it but it still stinks my car out, but only when i drive long distance

I have had that too but seems to have gone now. I did put in a new clutch few months back. Mine was coming through the handbrake lever rubber gap

I have this problem to. The gearbox was removed to do the timing chain upgrade and now when on a freeway or push it a bit I get a light smoke haze coming out the gear leavers. I have pulled out all the boots and can't see any oil any wear so it got me stuffed how to fix it . Can anyone help with this problem.

Cheers brad.

Yeah first thing I checked and all looks ok. I have had the hole centre console out removed all the boots from around the gear leavers and there is no oil residue at all. Going to do it again and check that the boot that seals the gear leaver to the box is not split in some way. When I running up the freeway you can see a smoke haze coming out of the gear leaver boot under the gear knob. I will have to just keep looking because its unpleasant on big trips.

Had the same thing. Turns out it was exhaust fumes from a crack in the exhaust coming up the through centre console.

Fixed this problem. It was the boot around the gear lever had a split. $26 for a new one from nissan. Just sprayed a bit of silicon spray on it and slipped it on. No more smell.

Latest posts

Back