snapped belts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navd22yd25cr

Reaction score
So i mentions to my mechanic my belts need changing because of the how old they look and has few cracks. He said theyre fine and change them on next service.

Driving along yesturday and my power steering belt and altetnator belt snapped only one of the two.

Is there and sideeffects of this happening? Ive replaced the belts but could anything else get damed by the belts snapping. I know with timing belt you can bend rods but just curious.

Thanks

I'm fairly sure loss of pwr steering and no charge to the battery are the only problems you should have. Hope you're going to have a word to your mech.:shooter:

As they have twin belts I am sure all would be ok without any loss of steering or power. Might pay to check where the snapped belt may have come into contact with other stuff in that area eg. wiring as they have a bit of force when they let go. Cost me $58 for a full set of quality belts and I have kept the old ones as spares so not an expensive job.

I'd inspect the fan as well as that may have been damaged when it broke... Just have a general look around the front of the motor, radiator hoses, cables, etc...

Yeah i drove and got belts asap, and put them in, i got 1 power steering and 2 alternator belts. Had to do it in the carpark hahha

Fans fine

I was just worried about something more internal may be damaged.

Cheers

Nah, everything internal will be OK I'd reckon... If the water pump still had 1 belt on it that will keep the coolant flowing anyway...

Latest posts

Back