Snorkel and dual batt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenstr

Reaction score
Has anyone got snorkel and dual batt set up on a 2012 D22?
What brand snorkel?

Iv'e got the genuine Nissan snorkel in my 2012 D22.. havent fitted the dual battery, but there is still plenty of room!

Same here on the 2012 with a genuine nissan snorkel. I'm in the middle of fitting up my second battery at the moment. An N70 size battery is the biggest that'll fit, only just fits though.

Thanks guys. I'll check nissan out. Anyone some photos they could put up?

Excuse my ignorance but my 2012 d22 came with dual batteries as standard so why the need to fit dual batteries? I do not understand.

Cause the batteries you have are dual crankin batteries not deep cycyle so there no good for runnin stuff like fridges

You still can, they just don't last as long that's all. The best bit is having them both fitted under the bonnet so you can either run a standard isolator or one of the newer DC - DC chargers and a deep cycle battery (gel, agm, etc) of your choosing and run power to the tub. The Nissan snorkel leaves plenty of room to fit a decent size battery up there and you done have to make anything to fit it in the tub. Of course you can always fit a 3rd in the tub and also hook a solar panel up to it for when you are stopped for longer periods without driving the car.

I have a 2010 navara with stand two batteries. I have look at it and pulled the batteries out. There are no wires going from the seconds battery to the other one or the starter motor. Just to the alternator. And it starts fine with just one battery.

Mine didn't either. Mines feb built in japan and i think they went back to thailand sometime after hence some people getting dual batteries.

Latest posts

Back