Snorkel install d22 info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4nav

Reaction score
So I brought this snorkel rvtek from ebay going to throw it in in a week or 2 when I have time .

I remember reading on here somewhere that it's best to go straight through to the airbox just get one of those blue silicon elbows rather than use all the bends it comes with .

Anyone done this got any pics or tips ??

Cheers

Last edited:
That one deletes the prefilter which is what everyone does so id just use what it comes with.

What about all the thin metal piping etc on the inside of the engine bay ?

Still havnt done this no time

Any more info would be great

Mine came with the plastic fitting to bypass the prefilter, straight to airbox. Just find out what it comes with

Do you have an install pic of yours in engine bay and external ? The one I got said it had instructions but none came with it ?

Last edited:
Do you have an install pic of yours in engine bay and external ?
Hey mate, I chucked one of those exact ones on mine over Christmas... Wasn't too hard, I found the hardest part to be getting the hose clamps on to the pipe between the snorkel body and the pre filter bypass pipe (the s-bend looking pipe in the kit). Everything needed came in the kit except for the black sikaflex to seal all the joins.

Here's all the various holes cut. Keep in mind this snorkel covers the indicator so you have to cut a new hole in the panel to put the indicator lower down. A nibbler would come in handy for that.

uploadfromtaptalk1431347338394.jpg

This is the snorkel body in place, just without the ram head attached.

uploadfromtaptalk1431347349510.jpg

Also a good idea to put some sikaflex over the weatherstrip where the bracket is screwed in.

uploadfromtaptalk1431347360624.jpg

I can get a pic of the s-bend that attaches to the airbox tomorrow if you want.

The snorkel is great though, has reduced the smoke blowing out the exhaust too.

That's awesome mate thanks for your help with this . Yeh the other pic would be handy too if you have it . My local 4wd dude was going to charge $300 , money I don't have at the moment . How'd you measure everything out ?? Or did u have a template ? Mine only came with point form instructions

Did u notice any power increase at all ? Mine doesn't blow much smoke, of a night it's more noticeable though, typical diesel

That's awesome mate thanks for your help with this . Yeh the other pic would be handy too if you have it . My local 4wd dude was going to charge $300 , money I don't have at the moment . How'd you measure everything out ?? Or did u have a template ? Mine only came with point form instructions
No worries. Here's a photo of the intake pipe from the snorkel through the side of engine bay and into the airbox.
I sikaflexed the join into the airbox and put a small screw through the join to lock it in and sikaflexed over that too.

uploadfromtaptalk1433066382296.jpg

I didn't notice too much power increase, maybe a little, but it does rev a lot smoother and feels less breathless through the revs, just makes it a bit nicer to drive really.

Also, yeah, I did have a template to measure the holes, that came with mine. If you've bought yours from rvtek we got the same one so you should have got one too.
Main thing is to put masking tape all over the panel, then mark out the holes onto the taped area in the right spot then hold the snorkel body up to the holes to get an idea and to confirm holes are all in the right spot.

Thx heaps mate !! Yeh no template just rough instructions . Even as a carpenter you couldn't measure those holes exact lol I might hit him up for a template .

Yep he's sending template out ... Between the instructions /template , this is looking more and more likely I'll give it a shot !!! Prob take me a whole day lol

As I think I've seen mentioned on another snorkel based thread, a ratchet spanner is almost a necessity. That bolt closest to the cab is in a real tight spot.

As I think I've seen mentioned on another snorkel based thread, a ratchet spanner is almost a necessity. That bolt closest to the cab is in a real tight spot.
Yep, definitely would make it easier for sure. I have this same snorkel though and I was able to do it fairly ok with a normal ring spanner. I have a feeling the genuine Nissan snorkels though have that bolt even further in which would definitely make it very hard without a ratchet spanner.

Hopefully the template comes tomorrow so I can give it a crack over the long weekend !!! Appreciate all the help :)

Template was in the mail today so no time ..... I had a taxi hit me and stuff my front left quarter and bumper /grill etc had it looked at and getting fixed in the next week or 2 , I asked the bloke there if he could throw the snorkel in for me he said sure $150 cash , so I'll save my head ache for $150 he can have it hahaha , I'll give him the sikaflex to make sure it's sealed right and the template . I'll let you know how it goes . Thx again for all the pics and help . Next install is the oil catch can have you done this yet ?

Template was in the mail today so no time ..... I had a taxi hit me and stuff my front left quarter and bumper /grill etc had it looked at and getting fixed in the next week or 2 , I asked the bloke there if he could throw the snorkel in for me he said sure $150 cash , so I'll save my head ache for $150 he can have it hahaha , I'll give him the sikaflex to make sure it's sealed right and the template . I'll let you know how it goes . Thx again for all the pics and help . Next install is the oil catch can have you done this yet ?
No mate, I've not done the catch can yet. Its on my list to do as well. Yeah not a bad way to go if they can do it while the quarter panel is off, would make it nice and easy to bolt the snorkel body to it.

Latest posts

Back