Snorkel Install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh.hanson7

Reaction score
Gday Guys,

First of all thanks heaps for all the info on this site. I love it!

I've just bought a Snorkel for my 2009 D22 from Nizzbits as suggested on many threads.
I'm really looking forward to getting it onto the truck but would like to know what Tools are required to do the install. If anyone has a list so that I can check that I have everything or at least borrow some gear off a few mates for when it arrives that would be great!

Cheers
Josh

I`m about to do the same in the next couple of days, i have all the tools (i think) just wondering what people used to cut the holes in the guards??

Ta Steve

Normally a big hole saw for the hole but you may find by the time you buy the hole saw it is cheaper to pay Someone to drill it for you. Most 4x4 shops can will do it. I have always had the hole done then just fit the rest myself so I can paint around the hole before fitting to stop it rusting. I think the most I have ever paid is $50. Fitting it up is only general spanners etc.

Awesome... Thanks heaps for that... I think I have a 108mm Holesaw laying around so that should do the job...

Ratchet spanners make it a lot easier. Especially when trying to tighten the nuts up when up in the guard. 13mm I think from memory.

I used a nibbler attachment on a drill to make the large hole.

You'll need loctite and silicone also. In the snorkel kit they should supply a sealant to put on your drill holes to stop rust.

Take your time putting the template on, make sure it's spot on. Take care drilling the holes next to your windscreen too. You'll be right after that.

If using a hole saw, mask up the entire area with masking tape then mark the holes on the tape. Then centre punch the centers and drill thru the tape. Don't slip.

Hey gents i need help, i have recieved my snorkel with template but no install instructions, i think i can figure it all out but was wondering if anyone who has done the install may give me a little info on what to do, the only part im curious of is the bracket that sits in the pillar next to the windscreen. (will keep searching tis site for information in the meantime)
Cheers in advance.

Lads, have a factory snorkel to fit. does anyone have a hole saw for sale? 90mm? cheers

Hey gents i need help, i have recieved my snorkel with template but no install instructions, i think i can figure it all out but was wondering if anyone who has done the install may give me a little info on what to do, the only part im curious of is the bracket that sits in the pillar next to the windscreen. (will keep searching tis site for information in the meantime)
Cheers in advance.

i just peeled back the door seal,fitted bracket after double checking a few times
then slightly cut seal where bracket goes and reseated seal

I mine with a hole saw from Bunnings and it was just the cheap as chips one designed for wood because at the end of the day you are only using it once so why do you need an expensive cutter.

I recently did a fella from works snorkel and used a jigsaw with a steel blade and it worked just fine. Draw the circular line using compass or the template from the snorkel, drill a starting hole and cut away with the jigsaw and then smooth and tidy with a file. Saves the cost of hole cutter completely.

I just used an 89mm hole saw from bunnings, came in a kit of about 5 other sizes and cost under $20, had to have the misses pouring water on at the same time to keep things cool, but it done the job, even if it burnt out my $30 odd bunnings drill. Just need to exchange the drill at some stage but might upgrade to better quality one this time.

i just peeled back the door seal,fitted bracket after double checking a few times
then slightly cut seal where bracket goes and reseated seal

Well ill give it a go over the weekend, went shopping today and bought a few odds and ends to finish off all the half started jobs (duel batt, spotties, rear lights, 12v sockets).
I even bought a new drill and a nibbler (nibbler was $45 at bunnings) so its full steam ahead before muster.
Cheers for the help guys greatly appreciated, i just thought there maybe something i need to look out for around the windscreen.

Lads, have a factory snorkel to fit. does anyone have a hole saw for sale? 90mm? cheers

Might help if you give your location...

I did the same with the pillar bracket. Just fitted the snorkel to the guard and put a couple of the nuts on then marked the pillar screws and drilled it, then remove the snorkel again and put the bracket on. Then refit snorkel. Pretty simple. The only thing I had a problem with was the washer on the bolt near the outlet pipe of the snorkel was touching the body stopping the bolt from going in, so I just cut a bit off 1 side of the washer so it fitted properly...

Hey guys,

I'm in Melbourne, I want to put a Snorkel on my dual batt D22.

Can anyone recommend a place that will fit it and fully seal it? (Dandenong Area) but happy to travel.

Cheers

Ben

Latest posts

Back